The Dark Crystal 4K - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2018, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Default The Dark Crystal 4K - HDD Review

With a 4K restoration and new Dolby Atmos mix, Matthew says The Dark Crystal looks and sounds better than ever.

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/54...stal_4k12.html

Blu-ray (1080p + 5.1 DTS-HD MA)

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/575...ryedition.html
Old 03-12-2018, 04:50 PM

Glad I blind bought this blu ray steelbook. Can't wait to see it! Love this movie.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Glad I blind bought this blu ray steelbook. Can't wait to see it! Love this movie.
I did the same and agree.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:50 PM

I was really, really happy with this release. I'd JUST watched this movie ahead of my interview with Lisa Henson and I found myself watching it all over again just so I could pay attention to the details and imagery - I hope you guys love it!
Old 03-13-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
I was really, really happy with this release. I'd JUST watched this movie ahead of my interview with Lisa Henson and I found myself watching it all over again just so I could pay attention to the details and imagery - I hope you guys love it!
Awesome that you had the opportunity to interview Lisa. I've loved this film since I was a kid and never was able to see it in theaters. I was thrilled when I heard of the 4k release and instantly preordered the steelbook, and even more so when I learned of a limited run in theaters. I drug SWMBO to see it, I really enjoyed seeing it on the big screen for the first time even as at over 40, SWBMO? She was meh on it. She didn't hate it at least.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

This movie always seems to be paired with Labyrinth , so one will expect that to be next for 4K treatment.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
This movie always seems to be paired with Labyrinth , so one will expect that to be next for 4K treatment.
The 4K disc for Labyrinth has been out for quite sometime now. Picked mine up at Walmart last year for under $14 Cdn. I have no use (as of yet, at least) for the 4K disc, but the 4K release was actually cheaper than the regular re-mastered blu-ray release. Go figure.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:03 PM

This new release of The Dark Crystal looks like a huge improvement over the previous release.

https://www.caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a...9&l=0&i=7&go=1

Looking forward to picking it up on blu-ray later this week.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:00 PM

From the review:
The Dark Crystal arrives again on Blu-ray courtesy of Sony Pictures in a two-disc Blu-ray + DVD + Digital set. Pressed onto a BD-50 disc, the two discs are housed in a hard sturdy two-disc snapper case with identical slipcover artwork.

Walked in to Walmart today, saw they had two copies on the shelf and was kinda shocked to see that it was actually a digibook and not just a regular blu-ray case. Bought it immediately. It contains a beautiful booklet, but no DVD copy. Thought that maybe this was a Walmart exclusive, but Best Buy also had the digibook. Did the US not get this digibook?
Old 03-16-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
From the review:
The Dark Crystal arrives again on Blu-ray courtesy of Sony Pictures in a two-disc Blu-ray + DVD + Digital set. Pressed onto a BD-50 disc, the two discs are housed in a hard sturdy two-disc snapper case with identical slipcover artwork.

Walked in to Walmart today, saw they had two copies on the shelf and was kinda shocked to see that it was actually a digibook and not just a regular blu-ray case. Bought it immediately. It contains a beautiful booklet, but no DVD copy. Thought that maybe this was a Walmart exclusive, but Best Buy also had the digibook. Did the US not get this digibook?
4K digibook? Wow
I opted for the best buy steelbook