mother! 4K & Blu-ray - HDD Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default mother! 4K & Blu-ray - HDD Reviews

E says mother! is "a 120-minute arthouse piece bombarding the senses with a seemingly random assortment of nightmarish visuals and phantasmagoric hallucinations."

4K w Dolby Vision (& HDR10) + Dolby Atmos + HD Digital Copy

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/51...ahdbluray.html

1080p + Dolby Atmos + HD Digital Copy

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/51632/mother.html
Old 12-28-2017, 12:43 AM

Meh, I thought this movie was mediocre at best. The shaky cam, especially the constant face up shots of Lawrence, got on my nerves. However, I could have dealt with that had the last third of the movie not become so random and predictable. It was way too preachy too. I love stories that revolve
Spoiler
around Satan, but this was over the top for the sake of being over the top.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Meh, I thought this movie was mediocre at best. The shaky cam, especially the constant face up shots of Lawrence, got on my nerves. However, I could have dealt with that had the last third of the movie not become so random and predictable. It was way too preachy too. I love stories that revolve
Spoiler
around Satan, but this was over the top for the sake of being over the top.
I didnt get that it revolved around that at all, I need to rewatch it though because it needs multiple viewings but that wasnt my understanding of the movie whatsoever
Old 12-29-2017, 12:26 PM

5 Stars for this????
How about a more realistic rating.

Last edited by Mr. Mojo; 12-29-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
5 Stars for this????
How about a more realistic rating.
Pretty realistic rating to me, I thought it was excellent and it was tied with Blade Runner 2049 as my favorite movie of the year.....granted Mother! is extremely divisive so its not surprising that there are people who wont agree with this review, but I do
Old 12-30-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Pretty realistic rating to me, I thought it was excellent and it was tied with Blade Runner 2049 as my favorite movie of the year.....granted Mother! is extremely divisive so its not surprising that there are people who wont agree with this review, but I do
I think that you are proving my point. If you already know that a film will be divisive to a lot of watchers, it makes more sense to rate it a 4 and say that you really liked it rather than give it the maximum rating. I think that 5 star ratings should only go for films that you enjoyed and that you would recommend to nearly everyone.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:41 AM

I can't agree with you there. It's his right to give it whatever rating he chooses for his own personal enjoyment regardless of whether or not someone else would like it or not.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
I think that you are proving my point. If you already know that a film will be divisive to a lot of watchers, it makes more sense to rate it a 4 and say that you really liked it rather than give it the maximum rating. I think that 5 star ratings should only go for films that you enjoyed and that you would recommend to nearly everyone.
No one should be rating movies based on the fact that other people should like it, that makes zero sense, reviews are personal opinions and they are there to agree or disagree with. His rating is 5 stars and he absolutely loved the film, the fact that its divisive only serves to watch the movie yourself so you can make your own judgment. I fully agree with his review, Aronsofsky is a master class in film making and Mother! is a prime example of how amazing he is, unfortunately, most of his movies arent for main stream audiences and that, IMO, is what makes him a breath of fresh air out there. Even movies like Noah were nothing like what people expected, it might not have been a great movie but its completely different and goes a way different route with the Noah story than people had hoped, his movies always strike a cord, good or bad