'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray' - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-27-2017, 08:36 PM

Default 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray' - HDD Review

Bryan has reviewed Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on 4K UHD. He says this 4K UHD with HDR upgrade is the definitive way to watch these movies and the DTS:X audio track sounds amazing. There are no new supplements, but all of the Ultimate Edition bonus features are included on the Blu-ray in the set. Highly recommended!

Full review here:
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/43...ahdbluray.html
Old 11-28-2017, 08:58 AM

No Dolby Vision eh? Not that I really expected that.

Still, I'll probably end up getting the films some time after they release as a set of 4K, as they inevitably will. It isn't worth buying them individually in my case, I'm not THAT big a fan of the film adaptations TBH.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I understand this one was shot on Super35 Film so excess grain is noticeable.
Do we know what the real reason for the delay was on this one? I preordered all 4 but this one was delayed almost 2 weeks.
When I got it, the shrinkwrap looked slightly different than the rest and the enclosed digital code came up invalid. I had to email WB with the code and they added it to my collection manually.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:03 PM

I found the Sorcerer's Stone blu to be extremely grainy, especially during night time scenes. Based on the review there's a huge leap forward but I am seeing some disagreement on the forums.

Does DTS:X downsample to DTS HD 7.1?