'Christopher Nolan Collection' is coming December 19 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Staff

Default 'Christopher Nolan Collection' is coming December 19

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/53...ahdbluray.html
Old 11-18-2017, 04:22 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Already taking sales away from Dunkirk and it's not even out yet!
On the PLUS side, at least they're announcing this now before any of these movies are out, thus preventing a double dip or making the set useless because you already own one or two in the collection/
Old 11-28-2017, 01:15 PM

I know Krawk don't care, but no digital copies on this set. I mean WTF, over? I can put this set together for much cheaper if I get the titles on sale and get the digital copy, pretty dumb move by Warner.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:55 PM

Not sure if it was intentionally done to preserve how it was presented in theaters, but I find it so bizarre these films aren't getting an upgraded Atmos or DTS:X mix.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoody View Post
I know Krawk don't care, but no digital copies on this set. I mean WTF, over? I can put this set together for much cheaper if I get the titles on sale and get the digital copy, pretty dumb move by Warner.
It REALLY bothers me when discs do not have the digital movie code.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:06 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
It REALLY bothers me when discs do not have the digital movie code.
I cannot imagine these discs NOT having digital code but I guess that remains to be seen.
On another side note, the included movie, The Prestige has no firm release date on its own.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_N1nja View Post
Not sure if it was intentionally done to preserve how it was presented in theaters, but I find it so bizarre these films aren't getting an upgraded Atmos or DTS:X mix.
Christopher Nolan actively hates Atmos. He doesn't even like surround sound very much. The sound mixes for his movies are very front-heavy, especially recent movies like Interstellar which was practically plain stereo.

Nolan has a fetish for pure loudness above all other factors. He doesn't like surround activity. He doesn't even like dialogue to be intelligible. He just wants his movies to be a continuous deafening roar bludgeoning the audience from start to finish.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:40 AM

Yeah Nolan is a bit of a dick. No Atmos tracks, no digital copies, the transfers will have to be a MASSIVE improvement to justify a double dip.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:18 PM

It's not really a Nolan collection when it only covers half of his films. Only four of those are actually worth owning.

As for Nolan hating Atmos, I'm actually surprised at that. You would think he would love an audio codec that allows him to drown out his shitty dialog even more with his bombastic music.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
It's not really a Nolan collection when it only covers half of his films. Only four of those are actually worth owning.

As for Nolan hating Atmos, I'm actually surprised at that. You would think he would love an audio codec that allows him to drown out his shitty dialog even more with his bombastic music.
I am also surprised at the hate towards Atmos. From what I understand, he's extremely picky about wanting to create true theater experience and to elevate it beyond what watching a movie at home can accomplish. You would think part of this would also go into sound design.