Cars 3 - 4K & HD - HDD Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-06-2017, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Default Cars 3 - 4K & HD - HDD Reviews

Cars 3 Ultra HD Blu-ray (4K + HDR10 + Dolby Atmos)

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/51...ahdbluray.html

Cars 3 Blu-ray (1080p + 7.1 DTS-HD MA)

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/51072/cars3.html
Old 11-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Disney needs to make up their minds with the digital copy process and 4K.
No Yes No with Guardians of the Galaxy 2. No with Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Yes with Cars 3
Old 11-07-2017, 12:48 AM

Don't know what you mean, but I ebay my digital copies anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

Anyway, I've been meaning to ask this, but where is the link that goes from the review right to the forum page like this? It used to be right below the review but I can't seem to find it anymore.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:23 AM

I bought this. I don't hate Cars 1, but I don't really love it either. Hate hate hate Cars 2. But I really want a Pixar UHD. So I bought. Actually good flick. The picture though... HOT DAMN.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Anyway, I've been meaning to ask this, but where is the link that goes from the review right to the forum page like this? It used to be right below the review but I can't seem to find it anymore.
Underneath the star ratings is a link called "Comments" that will bring you to the forum thread. It used to display how many comments were in the thread, but that feature has been broken for a few months and now all reviews say 0 comments. I don't know why the other link at the bottom of reviews was removed.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Don't know what you mean, but I ebay my digital copies anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

The link has been moved to the bottom of the "Overall Grade" Box on the right-side of the page. However, unlike the old link, the new link seems to be a little faulty as it doesn't show how many comments there are in the forum.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
No Yes No with Guardians of the Galaxy 2. No with Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Yes with Cars 3
The review needs to be updated. Cars 3 does NOT redeem 4K for digital playback on Vudu. I'm actually very frustrated because I probably would have just purchased the 4K from Vudu instead of the disc, but the review said it would redeem in 4K. I've contacted Disney and they says since they switched to Movies Anywhere, they can't enable the 4K digitial versions.

The review needs to be updated to reflect the Digital Copy will not redeem in 4k.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_orst View Post
The review needs to be updated. Cars 3 does NOT redeem 4K for digital playback on Vudu. I I've contacted Disney and they says since they switched to Movies Anywhere, they can't enable the 4K digitial versions.

The review needs to be updated to reflect the Digital Copy will not redeem in 4k.

Just redeemed my code and got only the HDX version on Vudu.
When I used the site suggested on the card it then asked me to select a retailer... Movies Anywhere, Vudu, itunes, etc. I chose Movies Anywhere because they insist that is the best site to use and if a code is UHD enabled it will properly connect to other sites.

What site did the reviewer follow?

At this point everyone needs to email bomb this site:
https://www.disneystudioshelp.com/
Old 11-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

This movie will be $19.96 at Walmart on Black Friday for those that haven't bought it yet.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_orst View Post
The review needs to be updated. Cars 3 does NOT redeem 4K for digital playback on Vudu. I'm actually very frustrated because I probably would have just purchased the 4K from Vudu instead of the disc, but the review said it would redeem in 4K. I've contacted Disney and they says since they switched to Movies Anywhere, they can't enable the 4K digitial versions.

It seems as though this is another Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 mess where some open the 4K DV version but for others, the code only gives them access to the HD SDR and HDX. I checked again and I can watch the movie in DV. Nevertheless, I added a note to the review that this may not be true for everyone.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael