'Groundhog Day' is coming January 23 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-22-2017, 11:48 PM
Staff

Default 'Groundhog Day' is coming January 23

http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/525...ahdbluray.html
Old 10-23-2017, 07:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Never got around to buying this on BD. Thank You Sony for getting over your PopArt fetish. I might just have to get this - be it at Best Buy or a few months later via other outlets.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:52 PM

Again?

(I got you babe!)

Old 10-23-2017, 09:11 PM

It seems like I just bought this on Blu-Ray. I feel like I'm reliving the same purchase over and over again.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:44 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
It seems like I just bought this on Blu-Ray. I feel like I'm reliving the same purchase over and over again.
Thank you for taking one for the team!
Thank you for taking one for the team!
Old 10-24-2017, 11:24 AM

Watch that first step, it's a doooooooooozy!!!

You speak French?! Ouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

This movie is so good. Years later I still find nuances I missed. Harold Ramis you are very missed my friend. You were talented.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:14 PM

Yes, this is one of those films that gets better and better with each rewatch.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:53 AM

I'll probably pick this up. Never grabbed the Blu-ray version, actually.

This might be blasphemy, but this is one movie I wouldn't mind seeing a remake for. I like the idea of an updated version of the story where modern technology comes into play. The main character's job could be different as well.

If I was trapped in a loop I'd probably get around to learning programming, and a new language or two. With today's internet, the tools area readily available to learn all sorts of skills that you used to have to travel to learn. Be interesting to see what sort of skills they'd have the main character learn.

Would need the right director and actors/actresses though. I doubt they could top the original, but I'd like to see a decent attempt made.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been an official remake, though I imagine there have been some low-budget knockoffs of the premise.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
I'll probably pick this up. Never grabbed the Blu-ray version, actually.

This might be blasphemy, but this is one movie I wouldn't mind seeing a remake for. I like the idea of an updated version of the story where modern technology comes into play. The main character's job could be different as well.

If I was trapped in a loop I'd probably get around to learning programming, and a new language or two. With today's internet, the tools area readily available to learn all sorts of skills that you used to have to travel to learn. Be interesting to see what sort of skills they'd have the main character learn.

Would need the right director and actors/actresses though. I doubt they could top the original, but I'd like to see a decent attempt made.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been an official remake, though I imagine there have been some low-budget knockoffs of the premise.
I see you live up to your forum name. Shadow of Death indeed. A remake! Blasphemy!!!

For the record, Phil did learn at least one foreign language, French.

And i don't think the movie would be interesting at all if we're just gong to watch Phil sit in front of a computer for 2 hours.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post

For the record, Phil did learn at least one foreign language, French.

And i don't think the movie would be interesting at all if we're just gong to watch Phil sit in front of a computer for 2 hours.
The episode of Stargate SG-1 where they were caught in a loop was hilarious as well. Only O'Neill and Teal'c were in the loop and they both learned new things as well as had a little "fun" at it.