Odds of Star Wars: Rogue One in UHD? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-17-2017, 09:07 AM

Default Odds of Star Wars: Rogue One in UHD?

When Rogue One hit the home market earlier this year I waited to pick it up just in case Disney ever decided to take on the 4k market. Now it would appear my prayers have been answered, as all the Marvel films from Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and up are being released in UHD—so do you guys think we just might see Rogue One in UHD, perhaps this holiday season or even alongside the theatrical release of Episode 8?

It would be a damn shame if Rogue One never sees an UHD release. Say what you want about the film, it was gorgeously shot and viewing it with the added benefits of HDR would be amazing.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Odds of Rogue One ending up with a 4K release?

100%

When will this happen?

No idea.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I still have not opened mine yet just to be sure. If I can save a few bucks on a double-dip I will. Disney is in the game of making boatloads of money. They will milk all the same movies over and over again, and if a new format emerges that might sell a few copies, they will repeat the process on that new format.

Best guess as to when? How bout as we lead up to the next movie in the series?
Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Odds of Rogue One ending up with a 4K release?

100%

When will this happen?

No idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
I still have not opened mine yet just to be sure. If I can save a few bucks on a double-dip I will. Disney is in the game of making boatloads of money. They will milk all the same movies over and over again, and if a new format emerges that might sell a few copies, they will repeat the process on that new format.

Best guess as to when? How bout as we lead up to the next movie in the series?
Yeah my assumption is that, again, if we're going to see an UHD re-release we're going to see it this holiday season. Not only is it obviously generally a good time to release something like that, but since the next film comes out in December it seems like it would be easy promotion. I do feel though that if we don't see it happen by the end of this year, we may not see it happen at all. I can't imagine any reason for releasing the UHD next year.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:41 PM

Pirates of the Caribbean 8 (I think that's what they're on?) being announced coming to UHD is also a very good sign. Was worried Guardians was a one off, but it seems Disney has finally realized that they will only get more money from me with offering UHD titles
Old 07-19-2017, 03:39 AM

I'm betting it'll be out by Xmas to promote the new movie.. course there will be a Star Wars movie every Xmas till the end of time apparently.