'X-Men: Apocalypse - Ultra HD Blu-ray' and 'X-Men: Apocalypse' - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Attebery's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,716
Default 'X-Men: Apocalypse - Ultra HD Blu-ray' and 'X-Men: Apocalypse' - HDD Review

Bryan has reviewed 'X-Men: Apocalypse - Ultra HD Blu-ray' and 'X-Men: Apocalypse'. Here's what he thought...

X-Men: Apocalypse - Ultra HD Blu-ray
http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/343...ahdbluray.html

X-Men: Apocalypse
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3431...pocalypse.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

This is a reference disc for me by the way. The sound is awesome. As I said in a previous thread there my bass was kicking for a lot of the movie.

I pretty much agree with the reviewer. I liked this movie a lot. The story does seem redundant - end of the world!

I also agree I'm surprised this wasn't R, there is some pretty violent scenes.

And the Quicksilver scene ALONE makes this movie a MUST watch IMO

Bryan you should have mentioned it in the review
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2016, 03:44 PM
Favelle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
This is a reference disc for me by the way. The sound is awesome. As I said in a previous thread there my bass was kicking for a lot of the movie.

I pretty much agree with the reviewer. I liked this movie a lot. The story does seem redundant - end of the world!

I also agree I'm surprised this wasn't R, there is some pretty violent scenes.

And the Quicksilver scene ALONE makes this movie a MUST watch IMO

Bryan you should have mentioned it in the review
Are you talking about the Quicksilver scene at the mansion? That was all kinds of awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-13-2016, 03:50 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
Are you talking about the Quicksilver scene at the mansion? That was all kinds of awesome.
Of course. Amazing scene. The previous Xmen had a similar scene with him and I'm glad they made another one in this movie
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2016, 07:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
Default

This was a bigger bomb that Civil War for me. This is most definitely not a 4/5 movie. The acting aside from Fassbender and McAvoy was absolutely crap, especially Jlaw which is surprising given we know she absolutely can act. The story was boring, the only action that was enjoyable was the Quicksilver scene. Apocalypse is meant to be the Mutant to end all Mutants. The undefeatable. Not once did I feel he threatened the X-men more than any other minor villain.

Really poor movie.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Gloobey's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
This was a bigger bomb that Civil War for me. This is most definitely not a 4/5 movie. The acting aside from Fassbender and McAvoy was absolutely crap, especially Jlaw which is surprising given we know she absolutely can act. The story was boring, the only action that was enjoyable was the Quicksilver scene. Apocalypse is meant to be the Mutant to end all Mutants. The undefeatable. Not once did I feel he threatened the X-men more than any other minor villain.

Really poor movie.
You thought Civil War was a bomb...? I kinda stopped reading there.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Favelle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloobey View Post
You thought Civil War was a bomb...? I kinda stopped reading there.
Agreed. Civil War was very good. This was enjoyable.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2016, 08:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
This is a reference disc for me by the way. The sound is awesome. As I said in a previous thread there my bass was kicking for a lot of the movie.

I pretty much agree with the reviewer. I liked this movie a lot. The story does seem redundant - end of the world!

I also agree I'm surprised this wasn't R, there is some pretty violent scenes.

And the Quicksilver scene ALONE makes this movie a MUST watch IMO

Bryan you should have mentioned it in the review
He does mention it in his review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by from Bryan Kluger's Review
overall, this film is a MUST-SEE for any X-Men fan. I can’t wait to see it again. Plus, this might be the best use of ‘Sweet Dreams’ I’ve ever seen with Quicksilver front and center.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2016, 09:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by from Bryan Kluger's Review
The emotion Fassbender throws into the role is amazing, especially when he heads back to Auschwitz.
When he is back in Auschwitz.
When he is back in his home in Poland.
When he and his family is caught by the police.
When he is back at his factory job.
Amazing, amazing acting.

Fassbender is Magneto. Sorry Sir Ian McKellen;
you are Gandalf. That's yours forever. Magneto
is now Michael's.

Speaking of amazing and Magneto, I don't recall
if they did it before with the magnetic waves.
The visuals of the 3D magnetic waves ripping
apart matter and flowing through the air, that
was a spectacle. Did the previous movies do
that? The whole reaching into the earth to move
the elemental metals, that's was a visual treat.

Speaking of 3D, a review in the works?

Last edited by timcharger; 10-14-2016 at 02:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2016, 10:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloobey View Post
You thought Civil War was a bomb...? I kinda stopped reading there.
It was. After the fantastic movie that was The Winter Soldier, I was expecting them to keep that magic rolling. They didn't. The writing was lazy, the plot holes were everywhere and amount of bullshit coincidence and perfect alignment of events that needed to unfold for Barons plan to work is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray - HDD Reviews Attebery Ultra-HD Blu-ray Software Discussion 0 02-23-2017 03:38 PM
'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Ultra HD Blu-ray & Blu-ray - HDD Review Attebery Ultra-HD Blu-ray Software Discussion 4 01-17-2017 05:03 PM
'Ghostbusters: Answer the Call' Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray - HDD Reviews Attebery Ultra-HD Blu-ray Software Discussion 46 01-03-2017 10:56 PM
'Ice Age: Collision Course' Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Reviews - HDD Reviews Attebery Ultra-HD Blu-ray Software Discussion 2 11-15-2016 12:52 AM
'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates' Blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray - HDD Reviews Attebery Ultra-HD Blu-ray Software Discussion 2 11-07-2016 02:36 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off