Warner announces DVD2Blu trade-in program - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-17-2009, 01:09 PM

Default Warner announces DVD2Blu trade-in program

As posted in the Blu-ray Software forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post

- Select the DVDs you want to upgrade to blu-ray (limit 1 per DVD title)

- Mail the original DVD discs (without the case), with pre-paid mailing label you print out with your order

- Receive your new blu-ray dics of the same titles within 4 to 5 weeks

- Blu-ray discs as low as $7.95

- Shipping cost is $4.95 per order, with Free Shipping on orders over $25

FAQs:

Quote:
Q: Can I upgrade my DVD to any Blu-ray movie?
A: You may only upgrade to the same movie title on Blu-ray. For example, if you own Blood Diamond on DVD, you may only upgrade to Blood Diamond on Blu-ray.
Q: How many DVDs may be upgraded?
A: You may upgrade up to 25 different movies per household. Also, there is a limit of 1 copy per movie.
Q: After I complete the online order, what's next?
A: You send your DVDs to our processing center. We will compare the DVDs you sent versus those on your order, then ship your new Blu-ray discs.
Q: Should I also send my DVD cases?
A: No, please only send the discs by themselves with no cases or artwork.
Q: How long will it take to process my order?
A: It usually takes 4-5 weeks to complete the entire transaction.
Q: How much is shipping and handling?
A: Flat fee shipping and handling is $4.95 on your entire order shipped within the Continental US. The fee is $6.95 in Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico.
Q: Can I mail the DVD without the prepaid label?
A: The prepaid label is essential for processing your order because it includes an identifying barcode. You can mail the DVD without the label. However, if you choose to not use the label, please include it inside your envelope and send to:

ATTN: Returns
1101 Highview Drive
Webberville, MI 48892
Q: What if my DVD is not listed on your website?
A: The DVD2Blu promotion is limited to the titles shown on DVD2Blu.com. We do not currently have any plans to modify the list of eligible titles. However, we reserve the right to do so.
Q: My DVD is a special version of the movie on DVD2Blu.com. Is it still eligible?
A: Yes, we will accept special versions. For example, the Superman Returns DVD included in Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition is an eligible trade-in for the Superman Returns Blu-ray. However, a Superman Bonus Materials DVD is not eligible.
Q: Are Canadian or international customers eligible for the DVD2Blu Program?
A: Unfortunately, at this time the program only ships to the Continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico.
Q: Have you received my DVDs?
A: We will send you an e-mail once we’ve checked your DVDs into our processing facility. Your prepaid postage label includes delivery tracking. The tracking number is located below the dotted line in the box labeled "Online e-Label Record." Please visit: http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackan...rackandconfirm.
Q: What is the status of my order?
A: Your prepaid postage label includes delivery tracking (see above). We will also send you an email when your new Blu-ray discs ship. You will be able to track the Blu-ray discs through the UPS or USPS tracking system.
Q: How are the Blu-ray discs packaged?
A: The Blu-ray discs are the same ones found in any retail store. They come complete with the typical case, cover art, bonus materials, etc.
Q: How can I get more information about the Blu-ray movies on DVD2Blu.com?
A: Visit WBshop.com<http://www.wbshop.com> for more details about Warner Bros. Blu-ray movies. Usually, Blu-ray and DVD have the same Main Feature content. In some cases, Special Features may differ.
As with the Red2Blu prgram, expect some titles to go out of stock early, so I would place your order ASAP.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:23 PM

Nice concept, poor execution. Fairly lame titles, and many are $9.95. No sets, or expensive BD included at all. . .
Old 11-17-2009, 01:26 PM

These are mostly titles that are about $10 on Amazon anyway.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:38 PM

Wonder if there's any chance they expand this list, as most of the currently listed 55 titles are not that exciting to get Blu-Ray versions of.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:43 PM

I have 4 of the eligible titles on DVD, and 3 of them on already on Blu. Not worth it for just Dumb and Dumber. I'll keep waiting for that one to go down.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:43 PM

This is not a good deal for me yet. I only have one disc and I am not paying that shipping price for one disc...
Old 11-17-2009, 02:01 PM

Nice idea but poor execution.

If the price of blu had stayed high it might have been a deal, as it is those titles are cheaper without going through the hassle of sending in the discs.
And actually I'd rather have the dvd. Just for the universal use of it, road trips and such.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:05 PM

Geez, Wedding Crashers is the only one that really interests me and you can get it $9.99 free shipping from Amazon, right now! Horrible deal, IMO.

Drop it to $5.99/movie, $2.95 shipping and add more movies and this would be sweet.

Not only that, Warner catalog title quality...? Eww!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:10 PM

I love it, receive your titles in 4 to 6 weeks. Amazon is 4 to 6 days with free shipping.

Good idea add more movies.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Sevens View Post
These are mostly titles that are about $10 on Amazon anyway.
Was going to say the same thing. Red2Blu seemed more of a 'customer service' action from Warner as this seems more of a 'make money' effort.