Blockbuster closing some stores - going out of business sales at those locations - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 PM

Default Blockbuster closing some stores - going out of business sales at those locations

Was at one of my local BB's today and they are closing a bunch of stores in the US. They had just started the closing sale. Blus were only 10% off list for new and used, but the prices may get better a little later.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:58 PM

Oh, this is a great time when you see Blockbuster going out of business. What comes around, goes around.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:02 AM

One of the ones by me finished going out of business a couple weeks ago. Regular DVDs got to the point where they were .99-1.99 each, but Blus never dropped lower than 15% off.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remastered View Post
Oh, this is a great time when you see Blockbuster going out of business. What comes around, goes around.
You betcha! So glad to see this company going out of business. I hope they lose every frikkin dollar they stole from consumers. Oh, how Christian they are (hahaha).
Old 10-28-2009, 02:24 AM

mine had blus 15% off
Old 10-28-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
You betcha! So glad to see this company going out of business. I hope they lose every frikkin dollar they stole from consumers. Oh, how Christian they are (hahaha).
I'd don't get it? I've been going to a few different Blockbusters over the years around my area and have never had a problem. And when did they become Christian? And if they were, wouldn't stealing money fit the bill?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:39 AM

^Christians are some of the biggest donors for humanitarian causes and those who are just taking money and enriching themselves are not living up to the creed. No need to inject divisive religious overtones in here, though that was one real doozy (pun intended) brought up by Doozy.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:04 AM

I used to work there and the song that comes to mind right now is from Office Space....

"Die Motherf---er!!, die!"
Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 AM

I can't say I'm happy to see more brick and mortar stores closing. Here in western New York we struggle to keep jobs and companies open and in the area. The last thing we need is more empty buildings and unemployment. The are a lot of small towns and communities struggling to keep commerce in the small town and closing of the stores like this for warehouses in select large cites hurt.Blockbuster closing just doesn't hurt some executive it trickles down a whole lot of people.
The cheapest I saw at a closing blockbuster for blu was $17 so no real bargain there.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
^Christians are some of the biggest donors for humanitarian causes and those who are just taking money and enriching themselves are not living up to the creed. No need to inject divisive religious overtones in here, though that was one real doozy (pun intended) brought up by Doozy.
I hate Blockbuster and am glad to see them fall.

Here's why:
1. Deceptive practices - an example would be that a lot of the movies they carried were edited (although they never told you this) to trim out material they felt was inappropiate. This practive did fade out in their later years. Another example would be that they said they were no longer charging late fees, but what they didn't tell you is that they would charge a "restocking" fee if the movie was delivered late.

2. Monopoly - A lot of the movies I wanted to see were not carried by BB because they said that they were a "family store". An example would be the "Faces of Death" series that I had heard so much about when it was released. Ok, fine....that's their right. But they bought out all of the other rental areas around me that would have normally carried those films....that's BS.

Good riddance.

The only BB that's still open by me were selling their blus for about 15% off. That's not much of a deal since most of them are used and the "15% off " is from the MSRP. Reminds me of Circuit city.