Massive 50% Off Bds At Barnes and Nobles - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Arkadin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,401
Default Massive 50% Off Bds At Barnes and Nobles

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/coll...linkid=1480812
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 PM
severian00's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 160
Default

Hmm, Navy Seals and Roadhouse are guilty pleasures
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 PM
JediFonger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,118
Default

thanks for posting the link =).

honestly, all those titles aren't worth that $ they are being sold. this is not a dig at you OP, keep posting! =). was just commenting on the deal itself offered by B&N. amz marketplace has been selling most of those [email protected] prices delivered, sometimes under $10.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:46 PM
bluskiessmingatme's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by severian00 View Post
Hmm, Navy Seals and Roadhouse are guilty pleasures

Road House is $9.99 at Costco. I think Navy Seals is, too.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger View Post
amz marketplace has been selling most of those [email protected] prices delivered, sometimes under $10.
How legit is Amazon marketplace though? I've bought ink there, but thats about it. I assume as long as the ratings are there, they're likely to have legitimate blu-rays and not bootlegs, or whatnots?

(if so, here I come Christmas gifts!)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskiessmingatme View Post
Road House is $9.99 at Costco. I think Navy Seals is, too.
OOOOHHH! NAVY SEALS!!!!

Sorry, somebody had to say it (and frankly I'm surprised that nobody jumped on that right away; has Clerks really faded that far into the collective memory?).

But yes: at Costco pretty much all of the Fox titles at $12-ish for this B&N sale are $9.99. Were it not for the "are you fucking kidding me?" look my better half gave me when I made the casual proposal that both RH and NS were too good a deal to pass up, I would have picked both up for that guilty pleasure factor. [We did walk out with The Dark Crystal for a cool $17; not too shabby, and at least I can let my kid watch that one too.]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foladar View Post
How legit is Amazon marketplace though? I've bought ink there, but thats about it. I assume as long as the ratings are there, they're likely to have legitimate blu-rays and not bootlegs, or whatnots?

(if so, here I come Christmas gifts!)
I buy about 75% of my AMZ purchases (from books to CDs to BDs) from marketplace, and apart from the occasional frustration of a slow-shipping seller or the rare case where an item isn't as pristine as the seller indicates (though most sellers overplay the "used-ness" of the product they're selling), I've NEVER had a problem with any seller or their goods. It's not eBay by any stretch, if bootlegs are your concern. AMZ is pretty strongly pro-consumer in the marketplace, and has safeguards in place in the event a seller sucks. So long as a seller is above the 95% positive range, I would (and do) buy with absolute confidence. The only downside is the flat shipping rates AMZ applies per-item to the majority of marketplace purchases ($3/disc for standard USPS, and more for "express"), but you'll most often come out ahead if you shop smart. (Shop S-Mart. Fuck, I've got to shake the '90s irony-dialogue out of my head tonight!).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-16-2009, 01:55 AM
comixguru's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,897
Default

Some coupons to use on top of these prices. All codes are off 1 item, the highest priced one in your cart.

Non-Members
Create a new B&N account (new email), and get 20% off highest item in cart with coupon code C3X7J9K.
10% off coupons for non-members, no new account necessary -
K7B7B9P, E7H7N9R, H8J3U7N

Members

15% off codes for members. N8H7D9P or P3W3U8W
Membership is $30, but easily refunded in the first 30 days.

Don't wanna be a member?
Take 6% off everything by starting off at this link (doesn't stack with membership discount)--
http://www.bn.com/military

Also --
10% Cashback from Bing.com (works for members but doesn't work with Military 6% discount).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-2009, 10:18 AM
JediFonger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,118
i second this =). most of the times i get shrink wrapped brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerknowledge View Post
I buy about 75% of my AMZ purchases (from books to CDs to BDs) from marketplace, and apart from the occasional frustration of a slow-shipping seller or the rare case where an item isn't as pristine as the seller indicates (though most sellers overplay the "used-ness" of the product they're selling), I've NEVER had a problem with any seller or their goods. It's not eBay by any stretch, if bootlegs are your concern. AMZ is pretty strongly pro-consumer in the marketplace, and has safeguards in place in the event a seller sucks. So long as a seller is above the 95% positive range, I would (and do) buy with absolute confidence. The only downside is the flat shipping rates AMZ applies per-item to the majority of marketplace purchases ($3/disc for standard USPS, and more for "express"), but you'll most often come out ahead if you shop smart. (Shop S-Mart. Fuck, I've got to shake the '90s irony-dialogue out of my head tonight!).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
bluskiessmingatme's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerknowledge View Post
Were it not for the "are you fucking kidding me?" look my better half gave me when I made the casual proposal that both RH and NS were too good a deal to pass up, I would have picked both up for that guilty pleasure factor.

It is a wise man who recognizes that look. Think how many bouts of the following you will avoid later when you least expect it:

You: What's wrong?
Silence.
You: Tell me, I can tell something is wrong. What is it?
She: (delivered in a way only a woman who's really pissed can deliver) Nothing.

That one word answer lets you know you are really in trouble and aren't going to hear the end of this for some time to come.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Massive 2K Steam Deal: 'Civilization,' 'Borderlands,' 'XCOM' and 'Bioshock' Games Off truben Video Game Bargains 0 08-20-2014 06:50 PM
FS: 3D BDs! (IMAX, Fifa, Dinosaurs + MORE!), + Other BDs! Lots of randomness GizmoDVD Blu-ray Disc Exchange 4 11-27-2010 01:24 PM
Barnes & Nobles - Buy 2 get 1 -Blu ray srinisundar Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 0 06-13-2008 09:30 AM
Buy 2, 1 Free @ Barnes and Nobles! lee09 Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 13 04-28-2008 05:45 PM
Buy 2, 1 Free @ Barnes and Nobles! lee09 Blu-ray Software General Discussion 3 04-20-2008 05:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off