Amazon Quick Picks Question - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-25-2009, 11:25 AM

Default Amazon Quick Picks Question

What's the best way to get Blu-rays you want to pre-order to show up in your daily quick picks section for an extra discount?

I've heard some people say to put them in your wish list. I've tried going to the titles I want to pre-order & clicking on it hoping it would show up before the pre-order date in my quick picks section to get an extra discount on it.

Maybe placing an order & then cancelling by saying you found it at a cheaper price?

Does anyone have a method that seems to work?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:52 PM

Maybe someone knows a good way but for me I haven't had any luck with having anything from my wishlist show up as a Quick Pick. If I buy a video game the next day my list might have some games, game guides or video games accessories but nothing I wanted to buy. The same goes for movies and books. My quick picks seem to be similiar items of what I've purchased recently yet nothing I'm interested in. Hope you have better luck with your list.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:03 PM

FWIW, I have had stuff that I ordered or pre-ordered and later canceled show up in my quick picks. I've also had stuff show up that is related to prior purchases (cast, director, theme, series in common) show up in there. Sometimes simply visiting the item page more than once has netted me a quick pick that I was looking for. You can also view your prior purchases from Amazon and uncheck items that you do not wish to be used as part of your recommendations which does seem to influence what your quick picks are. For instance, you will obviously want to weed out any non-BD purchases you made so that you can get offered more BD's and less of other items.

Also, I don't have a wishlist but I would think that if you put something on there, you are probably going to buy it sooner or later so what they are really 'trying' to do with the Quick Picks is make you buy something you wouldn't ordinarily buy.