eBay Bargains . . . . and ones to avoid - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-15-2009, 08:47 PM

Unhappy eBay Bargains . . . . and ones to avoid

I just wanted to pass this along because it contains some important information within about a user's experience buying what he thought of as a brand new bargain priced Blu-ray off ebay.

The link is here.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them before?

I never heard of this before so I thought I would post it here under the bargains section so buyers looking for bargains can beware. Moral of the story is to make sure you ask plenty of questions before buying something on ebay at a price that seems too good.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Former Member

not a big deal. i care about case, art, disc. i get reseals occasionally, and it is annoying, but i'd rather have a small upc cut or scorch, or sticker, or other tiny ding, than have artwork missing or just a disc in a god damn jewel case.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:00 PM

i often buy disc only. i have bought those BD cases already and can print my own custom cover =P. but these days the more i get it the more annoyed i am because the BD case is $1, the glossy paper is less than $1 a sheet, but that's the whole cover, then there's the time and patience to find a good custom cover i like =P.

i'd rather have the complete cover w/good case, but i've getting a lot of cracked/chipped cases, which is easier to replace w/my blank BD cases.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:04 PM

What's the big deal?

A tiny little cut out of the case? Hardly a big deal. The product is totally legit.

The seller seems totally on the level, too.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:19 PM

Yeah...but wouldn't you disclose that as a seller? I mean, when you say something is sealed and new...which in this case I can see his point, but it really isn't too.

I just hate to see people get taken advantage of when what they expect is a brand new product in perfect condition.

But yes, I see your point too Dack. The product is totally legit.

I just never heard of the term rackers before, so this story caught me by surprise!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Former Member

anavrin, i expect full disclosure, and always provide it, but i know, despite my expectations, that it just don't happen. ebay is full of scumbags. at least you got a blu, and not a vhs or dvd, like most of those shmucks who don't know what format they're listing do.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM

If your going to buy movies, cds or games advertised as "new" on eBay, Half.com or Amazon.com Marketplace, you might as well get used to the fact that the item has probably been opened and resealed. That's why when I buy any media like this I usually just buy the used "Like New", because 90% of the time it's in just as good of condition and you're paying a lot less because it isn't shrink wrapped. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of things people throw up on these sites and say are NEW aren't re-wrapped, they know they can make $5 or more than they would if they listed it as LIKE NEW used. So if your buying your media through these places learn to live with it or just don't buy it there.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:32 PM

Gotcha. I understand.

Come to think of it. I NEVER had a bad deal buying from the users on this site. I only buy from ebay when I can't find from here or Amazon is too expensive.

But yes...I agree with you project blu and The Answer!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Yeah, I have noticed this when buying on Amazon third party. I bought a new copy of Last Chance Harvey, which was actually a previous rental with the stickers removed (sticky), a dirty case, and then resealed to be 'new'. It was disgusting.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
Yeah, I have noticed this when buying on Amazon third party. I bought a new copy of Last Chance Harvey, which was actually a previous rental with the stickers removed (sticky), a dirty case, and then resealed to be 'new'. It was disgusting.

WOW! That is even more horrible! I am sorry to hear that dude.

That makes me not wnat to trust anyone now.