Silverado @ Walmart $14.99 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-10-2009, 10:17 AM

Default Silverado @ Walmart $14.99

Picked up the Silverado BD in store for $14.99 in Orlando area. YMMV. Good deal for this great western, especially since Amazon has it for $23.99.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:01 PM

interesting... thanks =). will swing by if i ever get a chance. my WM is kind of out of the way
Old 09-10-2009, 12:35 PM

I've been to two WalMarts and neither of them had it in stock. Oh well, I try to avoid spending money in that place anyway. I'll wait until Silverado drops in price at Amazon or other e-tailer.

Mark
Old 09-10-2009, 02:29 PM

Ive been to 4 in my area, and none of them are carrying it. Stinking Walmart.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Ive been to 4 in my area, and none of them are carrying it. Stinking Walmart.
Strange--first one I went to had ten! And no fair for you, either--SILVERADO was directed by Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and RETURN OF THE JEDI, which were all the branchildren of George Lucas, who was born in Modesto, CA, where you're at, so your Wal-Mart (if they don't want to piss off the Universe) should definitely have it in stock!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
Strange--first one I went to had ten! And no fair for you, either--SILVERADO was directed by Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and RETURN OF THE JEDI, which were all the branchildren of George Lucas, who was born in Modesto, CA, where you're at, so your Wal-Mart (if they don't want to piss off the Universe) should definitely have it in stock!
Ever been to Modesto? What makes you think they didn't already piss off the universe?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:57 PM

My Walmart has no Blu Rays anymore. Last week they only had the Terminator and that was it. Well, there is BB right next to it.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:49 PM

dont forget the big chill.

kasdan is without a doubt the best screenwriter in hollywood who doesn't work regularly. i can't think of any1 that is up there w/him, although his Dreamcatcher was disappointing (to say the least).
Old 09-10-2009, 06:06 PM

I liked Mumford a good deal as well. I think that he has great talents in crafting characters and their interactions.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
Well I went to 2 in Modesto, 1 in Ceres and 1 in Manteca. All 4 have downsized their blurays and are barely carring anything blu. 1 of the ones in Modesto carried a huge amount but that ended 3/4 months ago. Now I have no reason to go to Walmart ever which is a good thing. But I want Silverado for 14.99, bastards.