Additional $10 rebates on sheet in Braveheart and Gladiator - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-01-2009, 07:19 PM

Default Additional $10 rebates on sheet in Braveheart and Gladiator

The $10 rebate card in Braveheart and Gladiator also shows the same deal for DVD owners of the upcoming Forrest Gump and It's a Wonderful Life. Also, if you haven't already purchased The Godfather collection and Transformers on Blu, and own the DVD's, they are eligible for the rebate as well.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 PM

2 questions:

Will the 3-Disc edition of Gladiator work? How long is the rebate good until?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietduckboi View Post
2 questions:

Will the 3-Disc edition of Gladiator work? How long is the rebate good until?
Yes, but hopefully you kept the sheet on the back that contained the UPC, because that is what you will need for the rebate. The rebate is good until 6/30/2010
Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 PM

Can someone tell me if the US rebate form includes Canada?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommie View Post
The $10 rebate card in Braveheart and Gladiator also shows the same deal for DVD owners of the upcoming Forrest Gump and It's a Wonderful Life. Also, if you haven't already purchased The Godfather collection and Transformers on Blu, and own the DVD's, they are eligible for the rebate as well.
I remember doing the rebate form for The Godfather Collection and I have yet to receive my rebate. It has been several months so I don't think I'll end up getting it. I picked up both earlier today at best buy for 37 total. The deal maker was the $10 off per title, making them around 10 bucks per title. (if the rebates actually get to my house) I'm not holding my breath though.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:55 PM

I was wondering if anyone would scan in a post a picture of the rebate form. I haven't bought the movies yet but am interested in the terms and conditions of the rebate. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:36 AM

The terms and conditions are:

1) You have to attach the Proof of Purchase Tab OR the UPC code from cut from the DVD version. (Photocopies not permitted)
2) You have to attach the Proof of Purchase Tab OR the UPC from the Blu-ray version. (Photocopies not permitted)
3) You must include the completed ORIGINAL rebate form that came inside the Blu-ray version. (photocopies not permitted)
4) You must include the cash register receipt showing your purchase of the Blu-ray version dated between 9/1/09 - 6/30/10 with the purchase price circled. (Photocopies are OK)

That's it.

Mark
Old 09-02-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman742 View Post
I remember doing the rebate form for The Godfather Collection and I have yet to receive my rebate. It has been several months so I don't think I'll end up getting it. I picked up both earlier today at best buy for 37 total. The deal maker was the $10 off per title, making them around 10 bucks per title. (if the rebates actually get to my house) I'm not holding my breath though.
I am having a similar problem with my Godfather set rebate, but I am determined to give them a headache over it. I plan to annoy them to no end until they meet their advertised commitments and obligations.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:42 AM

I am glad that you do not need to attach the original dvd receipt. Alot of times you need that too, which flat out sucks. But it has made me keep all receipts from movies I have bought.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post
The terms and conditions are:

1) You have to attach the Proof of Purchase Tab OR the UPC code from cut from the DVD version. (Photocopies not permitted)
2) You have to attach the Proof of Purchase Tab OR the UPC from the Blu-ray version. (Photocopies not permitted)
3) You must include the completed ORIGINAL rebate form that came inside the Blu-ray version. (photocopies not permitted)
4) You must include the cash register receipt showing your purchase of the Blu-ray version dated between 9/1/09 - 6/30/10 with the purchase price circled. (Photocopies are OK)

That's it.

Mark
I wonder how well they actually examine the UPC or proof of purchase codes, because with a scanner, a color printer and a sheet of photo paper you could easily just scan it and print it out without having to cut up your artwork, and it would look like the original thing.