My question for gladiator Blu ray purchases with $10 mail in rebate of UPC - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 43
Default My question for gladiator Blu ray with $10 mail in rebate of UPC.trade in program?

What about if the studio does end up offering a trade in program for a new HD remaster of Gladiator. Arent they going to want your current Blu ray copy that HAS the upc on it? So if we do this mail in rebate with upc off the current blu ray, then we are stuck with it? How did the fifth element trade in program work?

Last edited by litobirdy; 09-01-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Lightbringer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 150
Default

I know when Disney had issues with PotC, they had you mail in the defective disc and they mailed back the correct one. I know other disc exchange programs also have done similar.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,293
Default

How would we possibly know unless we have a crystal ball?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 193
Default

Definitely Fifth Element we had to send in the disc, so I am guessing if it ever happens Gladiator will be the same. I would much rather get my $10 then wait for a hypothetical studio decision.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Rich86's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,369
Default

Sony replaced my defective "Air Force One" (mastering error resulting in non-functional forced English subtitles during Russian speaking scenes). All they wanted was the disc, and they sent me a replacement disc in a DVD case. The same thing happened with Disney and the video framing mastering error on Pirates of the Caribbean defective master - they gave me a prepaid label to return the disc, and sent me a replacement disc. No cases, artwork or proofs of purchase involved at all.
Personally, I would be very surprised if anyone offers a free replacement program for this title, unless something more serious than "poor quality encode" is identified. My advice to folks would be: only consider buying this if you can get "Gladiator" cheap enough (under $20) and can take advantage of the $10 rebate. There does not appear to be any reason to pay a "premium" price for this "Sapphire" series release.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
Sony replaced my defective "Air Force One" (mastering error resulting in non-functional forced English subtitles during Russian speaking scenes). All they wanted was the disc, and they sent me a replacement disc in a DVD case. The same thing happened with Disney and the video framing mastering error on Pirates of the Caribbean defective master - they gave me a prepaid label to return the disc, and sent me a replacement disc. No cases, artwork or proofs of purchase involved at all.
Personally, I would be very surprised if anyone offers a free replacement program for this title, unless something more serious than "poor quality encode" is identified. My advice to folks would be: only consider buying this if you can get "Gladiator" cheap enough (under $20) and can take advantage of the $10 rebate. There does not appear to be any reason to pay a "premium" price for this "Sapphire" series release.
If you buy this with Braveheart at Best Buy, both titles for $22.95 each, you get an immediate $10 back in the store. You pay $39.49, including tax, for the pair or just under $20 each so you have already broken through the under $20 mark. Then you have the $10 each rebate, if you own the dvd's. That works out to $19.49 for the pair. I'd say that $9.75 per title is not bad.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Rich86's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommie View Post
If you buy this with Braveheart at Best Buy, both titles for $22.95 each, you get an immediate $10 back in the store. You pay $39.49, including tax, for the pair or just under $20 each so you have already broken through the under $20 mark. Then you have the $10 each rebate, if you own the dvd's. That works out to $19.49 for the pair. I'd say that $9.75 per title is not bad.
Yep - did the same deal at Fry's - $8 each before sales tax. Not too shabby.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommie View Post
If you buy this with Braveheart at Best Buy, both titles for $22.95 each, you get an immediate $10 back in the store. You pay $39.49, including tax, for the pair or just under $20 each so you have already broken through the under $20 mark. Then you have the $10 each rebate, if you own the dvd's. That works out to $19.49 for the pair. I'd say that $9.75 per title is not bad.
With that outrageous 10% tax rate, I take it you live in Chicago like me.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Louisville Slugger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by driege View Post
With that outrageous 10% tax rate, I take it you live in Chicago like me.
I am going to guess LA.

9.75%,
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-01-2009, 08:35 PM
jetthead's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 958
Default

9.75% ? Wow

It's only 7.75% here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Panasonic DMP-80K and DMP-60K detail mail order pricing data with UPC code info HDTV1080P Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 1 03-12-2009 10:42 AM
52% of mail is junk mail !!! Maxx_75 The Water Cooler 7 10-02-2008 01:17 PM
*WHICH* UPC To use for Mail-in Rebate? TPoise HD DVD Bargains 5 12-16-2007 02:40 PM
Quick question bout the 5 mail in rebate? meda1ni Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 11-11-2007 05:11 PM
Were is my mail-in-rebate form for my NEW HD-A30??? ben1080p HD DVD Bargains 3 10-02-2007 07:32 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off