Amazon Drops GLADIATOR to $22.49 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-31-2009, 09:08 PM

Default Amazon Drops GLADIATOR to $22.49

Amazon just dropped the price of Gladiator to $22.99 to price match Best Buy.

Another example to show that Amazon has become the price matcher instead of the price leader!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:20 PM

Best Buy is still cheaper if you're buying Gladiator and Braveheart together, until Amazon matches that I'm still going with Best Buy.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:42 PM

I think I'll hold off and wait for the inevitable re-release. A little DNR/EE I can stomach but the amount that is used in Gladiator is atrocious.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELVETICOR View Post
I think I'll hold off and wait for the inevitable re-release. A little DNR/EE I can stomach but the amount that is used in Gladiator is atrocious.
You might be waiting a while. I personally don't believe it's as bad in motion as people think it is based on some screen shots, and I think once people actually get their hands on this tomorrow a lot of this will be disregarded. There's a big difference between staring at screen shots on your computer screen, and watching it in motion 10 feet away on your TV. Just like scratches on a car are only noticeable if your right up against the car staring at them.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:34 PM

Aww they shipped mine earlier and I dont think they give refunds for price reductions anymore.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSmalls84 View Post
Aww they shipped mine earlier and I dont think they give refunds for price reductions anymore.
Actually, since it's the price of record prior to the release date, you're covered by the pre-order price guarantee. You should automatically get an email notification - but to be on the safe side, I'd suggest contacting them to let them know you saw it was reduced before the release date, and you'd like to confirm they'll be adjusting yours to reflect the pre-order sale price.

We may never go back to the good old days of post order price guarantees, but no need to let them off the hook for pre-release price changes.

John
Old 08-31-2009, 11:55 PM

Nice to see them match Best Buy's price, (and I still can't believe I am saying that!) but the package deal with Braveheart is just too good to pass up, even with the DNR/EE Gladiator suffers from. I felt confused about what to do, since I really love Gladiator. Both movies were pre-ordered through Amazon, so I decided to cancel my pre-order when the terrible reviews for Gladiator surfaced, but will still purchase the two at Best Buy.

Hopefully Amazon passes on the pre-order cancellation info to the studio and they link mass cancellations with the sub-standard quality and fix it on a re-release, but at the same time I get to enjoy a slightly better image and HD audio... Best of both worlds if it turned out that way!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resrvordog View Post
Actually, since it's the price of record prior to the release date, you're covered by the pre-order price guarantee. You should automatically get an email notification - but to be on the safe side, I'd suggest contacting them to let them know you saw it was reduced before the release date, and you'd like to confirm they'll be adjusting yours to reflect the pre-order sale price.

We may never go back to the good old days of post order price guarantees, but no need to let them off the hook for pre-release price changes.

John
Sorry to disappoint you, but Amazon will only lower the price if it has gone down before shipping--not according to street date. That is part of their new price protection policy.

I know because I've had to fight Amazon over this. A likely scenario, however, is that Amazon will make a one-time "exception" in your case if you contact them.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:03 AM

Amazon will probably match this deal Wednesday, after they make all the money they can off of pre-orders.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators300 View Post
Hopefully Amazon passes on the pre-order cancellation info to the studio and they link mass cancellations with the sub-standard quality and fix it on a re-release, but at the same time I get to enjoy a slightly better image and HD audio... Best of both worlds if it turned out that way!
And think more cancellations were probably due to the Best Buy deal than the supposed quality of Gladiator.