BRAVEHEART Reduced to $22.49 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-23-2009, 10:45 AM

Default BRAVEHEART Reduced to $22.49 @ Amazon

Amazon has just lowered the price of Braveheart down to $22.49.

I'm still waiting for Gladiator to be reduced!

Last edited by dvdirv; 08-23-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:12 AM

I just canceled my pre orders...i'll wait until they are both $19.99 maybe even cheaper!!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:06 PM

Let's face it... Braveheart and Gladiator are both CATALOG titles. The vast majority of initial interest will be within one week of release and then they will become much slower sellers. I, too, will be waiting for a sub-$20 price. I've waited this long to own them in HD, no harm in waiting longer. (And, frankly, the more of us that wait, the sooner the price will drop!)

Mark
Old 08-23-2009, 01:27 PM

I canceled my preorder as well. Also, over at the Home Theater Forum, advance reviews are saying that Gladiator is more riddled with EE than any BD release to date.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire IX View Post
I canceled my preorder as well. Also, over at the Home Theater Forum, advance reviews are saying that Gladiator is more riddled with EE than any BD release to date.
Please don't tell me that.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire IX View Post
Probably, yeah. But we can't believe screenshots anymore according to some as it hurts Blu-rays cause.

I'll be getting Gump some day. Won't spend $20+ for it though. Paramount has pricing these out of consumers hands.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Formerly the13stuff

These will drop in price fast...
Old 08-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84 View Post
Please don't tell me that.
Sorry to say it, but I'm actually the one over at AVS making that specific claim (and I normally think that the level of nitpickiness over there is absurd and extreme) and I'm quite honest when I say I've never seen a BD as riddled with thick, glowing edge enhancement halos as this title (though, strangely, everything clears up nicely on the extended edition footage, quite similar to what happened with the BD of DARK CITY). Someone else over there claims the same transfer is being used for the UK and German BDs so, for now, it looks like there's no escaping it, if you plan to buy. I'm still glad I own it because a) the sound is great, b) the video (compromised as it is) still trounces the SD-DVDs and c) this may be the most stuffed-with-supplements title I've ever encountered. Every bonus feature found on both the Signature Selection DVD and the 3-disc Extended Edition DVD are here, along with a slew of new stuff. It's unreal! I say buy it, just prepared to be very underwhelmed with the transfer...
Old 08-23-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
Sorry to say it, but I'm actually the one over at AVS making that specific claim (and I normally think that the level of nitpickiness over there is absurd and extreme) and I'm quite honest when I say I've never seen a BD as riddled with thick, glowing edge enhancement halos as this title (though, strangely, everything clears up nicely on the extended edition footage, quite similar to what happened with the BD of DARK CITY). Someone else over there claims the same transfer is being used for the UK and German BDs so, for now, it looks like there's no escaping it, if you plan to buy. I'm still glad I own it because a) the sound is great, b) the video (compromised as it is) still trounces the SD-DVDs and c) this may be the most stuffed-with-supplements title I've ever encountered. Every bonus feature found on both the Signature Selection DVD and the 3-disc Extended Edition DVD are here, along with a slew of new stuff. It's unreal! I say buy it, just prepared to be very underwhelmed with the transfer...
Well, the way I see folks canceling their pre-orders here and on AVS, I'd say the price for Gladiator will drop pretty fast, so anyone planning on picking it up and make do with the gimped video it would be best to wait and get it sub $20.

I have Braveheart on pre-order at Amazon.com, but was going to wait and get Gladiator in the UK Steelbook. I'm waiting until Sept. 14 so I can combine it with the Deep Blue & Subway UK releases. If the Universal release of Gladiator is indeed the exact same encode at Paramount's, I'll just forget about the Steelbook and pick up the Paramount on the cheap.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:23 PM

Wal Mart has it here for pre order for $22.32

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=11082023