Children of the Corn released early and cheap! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-10-2009, 05:28 PM

Default Children of the Corn released early and cheap!

Just bought at Best Buy today and it was one of their 12.99 titles as well. They must have had at least 25 titles at 12.99 and some at 9.99.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:13 PM

Just got the same deal, was planning on just getting Hellraiser, so nice suprise.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
Just got the same deal, was planning on just getting Hellraiser, so nice suprise.
I'm thinking of picking up COtC so let me know how the PQ and AQ are!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:48 PM

Well, contrary to the OP's thread title, "Children Of The Corn" was released on blu-ray at Best Buy back on June 30th. Best Buy had an exclusive release deal for roughly two months before any other retailers.

CC
Old 08-10-2009, 06:53 PM

I think the original Halloween is 12.99 too. Good deal.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfixx View Post
Well, contrary to the OP's thread title, "Children Of The Corn" was released on blu-ray at Best Buy back on June 30th. Best Buy had an exclusive release deal for roughly two months before any other retailers.

CC
If thats the case then you (or someone) should have said something back in June as this website still has it as an upcoming release. I'm planning on picking this up this weekend as well.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
If thats the case then you (or someone) should have said something back in June as this website still has it as an upcoming release.
Well, unfortunately, I've found that this site doesn't always post all the blu-ray release news that is found across the internet. Other sites, though, still have it listed as an August 25th release date, as well, because that's when the "official" widespread release date is... Best Buy just had it exclusively for 2 months for some reason. I mean... even Best Buy's website still states it as an August 25th release, so who knows why that is. However, here are some other sites that did make mention of the Best Buy exclusivity. Also, I'm not sure, but you may need to be a member of the forum links to see the posts.

High Def Disc News

Fangoria.com

Bloody-Disgusting.com... a forum post from a member back on July 5th had already picked it up.

Basement Of Ghoulish Decadence

AVS Forum... a thread started on June 30th about a member picking it up that day and also posting screen shots.

I'm just saying...

CC
Old 08-11-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfixx View Post
Well, unfortunately, I've found that this site doesn't always post all the blu-ray release news that is found across the internet. Other sites, though, still have it listed as an August 25th release date, as well, because that's when the "official" widespread release date is... Best Buy just had it exclusively for 2 months for some reason. I mean... even Best Buy's website still states it as an August 25th release, so who knows why that is. However, here are some other sites that did make mention of the Best Buy exclusivity. Also, I'm not sure, but you may need to be a member of the forum links to see the posts.

High Def Disc News

Fangoria.com

Bloody-Disgusting.com... a forum post from a member back on July 5th had already picked it up.

Basement Of Ghoulish Decadence

AVS Forum... a thread started on June 30th about a member picking it up that day and also posting screen shots.

I'm just saying...

CC
But those are other Forums
did anyone post here about the the June thing?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvblu View Post
But those are other Forums
did anyone post here about the the June thing?
Yes, I did, in post #13: http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...se-thread.html