Just what is up with DD? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-09-2009, 01:57 PM

Default Just what is up with DD?

Ya know, I'd probably just dismiss this if it happened once a year or something, but my last two orders from DeepDiscount were screwed up.

First I was sent the DVD version of The Complete Battlestar set rather than the Blu-Ray. I returned for refund after being told it would be 15+ days for a replacement. My next order for Burn Notice Season 2, 30 Days of Night and the Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy arrived yesterday, and the Pirates Trilogy has the second movie missing! It contained one Black Pearl and two World's End movies.

Two out of two orders screwed up?!? I can't even imagine the odds. Well at least the Burn Notice and 30 Days had the correct discs.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vläd View Post
Ya know, I'd probably just dismiss this if it happened once a year or something, but my last two orders from DeepDiscount were screwed up.

First I was sent the DVD version of The Complete Battlestar set rather than the Blu-Ray. I returned for refund after being told it would be 15+ days for a replacement. My next order for Burn Notice Season 2, 30 Days of Night and the Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy arrived yesterday, and the Pirates Trilogy has the second movie missing! It contained one Black Pearl and two World's End movies.

Two out of two orders screwed up?!? I can't even imagine the odds. Well at least the Burn Notice and 30 Days had the correct discs.
First one is Deep Discount's issue. The second one is a defective set, the result of a mistake made by the studio. Chalk it up to bad luck.

Not really a bargain, btw.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comixguru View Post
Not really a bargain, btw.
That I know, I posted this in Blu-ray Software General Discussion and someone moved the post to here.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Former Member

i moved it here, guys (i've seen a few post reports), since it has more to do with shopping discussion than bd-general discussion. there is no PERFECT home for threads about retailers, so bargains is the closest thing.