The Mist $14.99 at Best Buy and Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-04-2009, 12:23 AM

Default The Mist $14.99 at Best Buy and Amazon

Best Buy

Amazon
I've had a lot of trouble finding this one for under $20 so I thought I'd post this here. I'm guessing that Amazon is price-matching Best Buy here. Did the MSRP just lower or something? I'd usually seen it selling for between $23 and $30.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:35 AM

Hmm decent price...tempted to buy. Really liked this movie til the end...which I hated. But...the build up was great.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngles View Post
Best Buy

Amazon
I've had a lot of trouble finding this one for under $20 so I thought I'd post this here. I'm guessing that Amazon is price-matching Best Buy here. Did the MSRP just lower or something? I'd usually seen it selling for between $23 and $30.
I just came across this deal like 5 minutes ago! I just got into the 'Blu Ray Bargains' intending to post my find and you beat me to it! I have had my eye on this for awhile. It definetely is hard to find this title for under $20. I may go B&M on this one with Best Buy. If it's marginal, like $1, it's worth it for the instant gratification. I have obviously seen the regular color version but I have especially heard so many great things about the B&W version of the movie that I may just have to snag it.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfms23 View Post
I just came across this deal like 5 minutes ago! I just got into the 'Blu Ray Bargains' intending to post my find and you beat me to it! I have had my eye on this for awhile. It definetely is hard to find this title for under $20. I may go B&M on this one with Best Buy. If it's marginal, like $1, it's worth it for the instant gratification. I have obviously seen the regular color version but I have especially heard so many great things about the B&W version of the movie that I may just have to snag it.
Glad to see that I'm not just unobservant, since it now seems to be under $20 everywhere, Target has it for something like $16.50 and buy.com has it for like $17. According to the review here the MSRP was $34.99 so I'm guessing that the price has officially gone down, although I think the $14.99 price will just be a one week thing.

I enjoyed the movie a lot, including the ending. I have a feeling that the black and white version will be even better, for one thing I wasn't a huge fan of a lot of the special effects, and I'm betting that the CG will either look more realistic or in black and white the hokiness will fit better.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM

I'm going to best buy tomorrow and getting this...great movie. I HIGHLY recommend watching the black and white version. You can tell that Darabont shot the movie with B&W in mind, he even says so himself. The studio requested that it be released in color for fear of the movie going audience being turned off to B&W. In color the CGI looks terrible but in B&W it looks like a completely different movie, it looks perfect in B&W. Also the film in B&W makes it feel like an old 50's sci-fi flick, most excellent.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Banned

Weinstein lowered all the MSRPs on their Blu-rays. Get them while they are still in print!