Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series $165 Delivered - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 PM

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series $151 Delivered

just thought this deserved its OWN post because you wouldn't normally know about this unless you visited the Deep Discount 25% code:

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...ml#post1624988

use the known codes:
DVDTALK
CJ25
HIDEFDIGEST25
USATODAY
SUPERSALE
NYTIMES
PRICESEARCH
YAHOO
ESPN
XM
JIM
DEALNEWS
LATIMES
WGN
WLS
PRICEGRABBER
DD22863

Last edited by JediFonger; 07-29-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:30 PM

What is this packaging like? Is it another disaster like the HD-DVD Season 1 packaging was - designed to be unique, with no consideration for actually protecting the discs from damage when using them?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:35 PM

I must be the only one that had no issues with the HD DVD packaging (and appriciated them). Of course I coudln't travel with them since I'm the only one I know who has HD DVD, maybe that would make a difference. Anyway I picked it up with out much thought, this series is pure perfection.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:55 PM

i had HD DVD S1, didn't care about it. i only watch the movie, not look at the packaging =P. i just hope there's no DNR like Band of Brothers HD DVD Japanese edition vs. the Blu-Ray US.

@this price, right now anyways, kind of a steal.

ofc $120 would be then be a "highway robbery" then
Old 07-28-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
I must be the only one that had no issues with the HD DVD packaging (and appriciated them). Of course I coudln't travel with them since I'm the only one I know who has HD DVD, maybe that would make a difference. Anyway I picked it up with out much thought, this series is pure perfection.
Yes - I love the series - but hated those stupid little rubber nubs that we are supposed to screw the discs on and back off again with the HD-DVD set. I moved them all to multi-disc proper HD-DVD cases. I did the same with the "Planet of The Apes" boxset - after I made Amazon replace the boxset due to a couple of the discs being already scratched inside the case.
I read elsewhere the BSG blu-ray set uses cardboard sleeves to hold the discs - forcing you to slide the discs out of and back into cardboard pockets inside the packaging - another invitation to damaging discs.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger View Post
i had HD DVD S1, didn't care about it. i only watch the movie, not look at the packaging =P. i just hope there's no DNR like Band of Brothers HD DVD Japanese edition vs. the Blu-Ray US.

@this price, right now anyways, kind of a steal.

ofc $120 would be then be a "highway robbery" then
My issues with the BSG S1 HD-DVD set (USA) packaging had nothing to do with its looks. The issue was removing and replacing the discs without damaging them and having the discs actually stay put inside the packaging. The UK package was far superior from a disc handling and protection perspective. The UK packaging for the full blu-ray set also looks more promising to me based on the image on Amazon.uk. But it is hard to tell from the image if these are also cardboard sleeves or some sort of protective disc holder.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
What is this packaging like? Is it another disaster like the HD-DVD Season 1 packaging was - designed to be unique, with no consideration for actually protecting the discs from damage when using them?
Total redesign of the packaging which is a lot smarter and more attractive than what came in the HD-DVD set. Also, a wholly new encode of the video and audio for Blu-Ray that, from what the reviews say, exceeds the quality of the HD-DVD version. This is a no-brainer for BSG fans. Read the full review of the set at The Digital Bits to have all of your content/packaging questions answered:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...ews071609.html
Old 07-28-2009, 04:05 PM

This is alot of moolah for a blind buy.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 PM

Talking

well, rent BSG Miniseries first. then @least watch '33' and see what u think =). the miniseries and proper season1 tone is a bit diff. s1 is more heart-attack inducing while miniseries is more subdued.

as a person who have seen every single episode of MANY TV series post 2000, this is by far the very best since year 2000. before that was the X-Files.

PS i just made front page, LOL!! they should post usernames for that
Old 07-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwalker84 View Post
This is alot of moolah for a blind buy.
So go check it out for yourself first before making the plunge: http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Battlestar+Galactica

As a fan of BSG (both this one and the classic series), trust me you will not be disappointed in the acting and drama from this great saga.