Bourne Trilogy Bluray Cheap - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-20-2009, 05:24 PM

Default Bourne Trilogy Bluray Cheap

Deepdiscount has it for 72$ which is standard, but if you use the code july9 it will knock the price down to about 55$ shipped!

I've done some shopping and this is the cheapest i've seen this awesome trilogy go for.

It is on backorder so it may take some time to get it, but that price is worth the wait, IMO.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:37 PM

That's still over $18 per disc.

I'm betting that this set will be down to the $33-$37 range soon.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:48 PM

Yeah, this set needs to be around $10 a disc. I'm not trading out my HD DVDs until that happens.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonian View Post
Yeah, this set needs to be around $10 a disc. I'm not trading out my HD DVDs until that happens.
Enjoy your HD DVDs because $10 a disc is not going to happen anytime soon.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonian View Post
I have the first two on HD DVD, I just need to get the third one soon. With those prices on the BD version, I'm sticking on my HD DVD version for good.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:54 PM

Yeah, I've already got the HD DVDs but after hearing how much better DTS-MA sounds than DD plus, I'm willing to pay a bit more to hear the difference now. These are definitely some of my favorite movies.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybona View Post
Yeah, I've already got the HD DVDs but after hearing how much better DTS-MA sounds than DD plus, I'm willing to pay a bit more to hear the difference now. These are definitely some of my favorite movies.
uhhhh where have you heard that??? It's been universally stated that the 1.5 mbps DD+ encodes that Universal did for HD DVD are almost completely indistinguishable from their DTS-HD MA counterparts. I've compared over a dozen titles and they ALL sound identical once level matched (DTS-HD MA is recorded a few decibles louder than Dolby does which is the ONLY difference). Once level matched if you can honestly tell which is which you've got ears that Audio mixers are in awe of .
Old 07-20-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubei View Post
That's still over $18 per disc.

I'm betting that this set will be down to the $33-$37 range soon.
I think I'll bite at $45, which is $15 a disc.

I held off on the pirates trilogy till now, and I just picked it up from deepdiscount at around $35. So figure Bourne will be $33 to $37 around... 2011, give or take six months
Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 AM

I got my copy of the Bourne trilogy at FYE for $41 a few months ago, with a 40% off coupon. It was supposedly used, but it looked pretty damn new to me.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
uhhhh where have you heard that??? It's been universally stated that the 1.5 mbps DD+ encodes that Universal did for HD DVD are almost completely indistinguishable from their DTS-HD MA counterparts. I've compared over a dozen titles and they ALL sound identical once level matched (DTS-HD MA is recorded a few decibles louder than Dolby does which is the ONLY difference). Once level matched if you can honestly tell which is which you've got ears that Audio mixers are in awe of .
Uh, I was going by the review here.