ahogan is offline Member

Default Amazon's Deal of the Day (7/13): Ultimate Matrix Collection - $57.99

SSIA.

Link. Enjoy!

It's been running this much in marketplace for months. I'm holding out.
    # of Blu-rays: 509 Gear: Westinghouse TX-47F430S display. Onkyo 806 receiver with JBL L890 fronts and L820s for surrounds and rears, LC2 center and L8400P sub.
    My collection

It's been that much on Amazon marketplace, yes.
    # of Blu-rays: 509 Gear: Westinghouse TX-47F430S display. Onkyo 806 receiver with JBL L890 fronts and L820s for surrounds and rears, LC2 center and L8400P sub.
    My collection

JediFonger is offline Member

market place is the 'used' portion of amazon for any title... just look under the prices u'll see a variety of different links to it.

i've been buying products in there for a very long time and it's quite often shrink wrapped BRAND NEW undamaged! i highl recommend it. as long as u read the descriptions carefully u should be good to go. sometimes people sell DISC-ONLY! no cover, no case, etc.

Eventually this will lower, I will hold out until it does.
    = 236

MultiWizard is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by basis View Post
    btw does anyone know of the differences between the 1st movie of the ultimate vs the 10th Anniversary BR?
    According to what I've read (thedigitalbits.com), the new 10th Anniversary Matrix 2-disc has the exact same discs as in the Ultimate set. The only difference is the Digibook format.

lostn is offline Member

I don't like the slim cases used in the Ultimate collection. It makes it look cheap. The HD-DVD version used normal thickness cases. The 10th anniversary book edition looks much sleeker. Is that 10th Anniversary blu-ray book edition available for the other 2 movies as well?

Knowing my luck, they will release later and I will buy them.. then there will be a box set. And I'll have to get the box set just for the box.. If movies 2 and 3 release for the same price as the first one, it will still add up to be cheaper than this 'discounted' ultimate box set.

According to what I've read (thedigitalbits.com), the new 10th Anniversary Matrix 2-disc has the exact same discs as in the Ultimate set. The only difference is the Digibook format.
    According to amazon, that 10th Anni edition is only 1 disc.

Wolvie is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by lostn View Post
    If movies 2 and 3 release for the same price as the first one, it will still add up to be cheaper than this 'discounted' ultimate box set.
    The Ultimate collection contains not only the 3 movies but the Animatrix disc of short films, all in magnificent hi-def, plus 2 discs in SD of extras for a total of 6 discs in the box set. Doubtful that you'd find it cheaper...unless you're willing to wait a few years.

adrian42677 is offline Member

It's actually a 7 disc set as The Matrix has a digital copy included for those who care, but hey who's counting. Anyway I don't think the other 2 will come out in digibooks as they're not as popular as the original. They will eventually come out in single form as WB as well as the other studios are trying to milk people by only selling the box sets and getting a premium on them before selling them as singles.
    Pioneer Elite PRO-111FD, Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD, Pioneer Elite SC-05
    Polk RTi12 Fronts, Polk CSi5 Center
    Polk RTi4 Surround & Rears, Polk DSW MicroPRO 2000 Sub
    PS3 - Original 60GB (500GB Now), XBox 360 - Original Elite
    - 800, - 67, - 41
    Harmony One

Jinzo is offline Member

Forgot how much I paid for mine...It's been a while....think I picked it up for $60 @ target using 20% (10 for redcard & 10 employee discount). Still good price for those that don't have it and have been waiting on it. I know those thin slipcases suck but good price for the set. First I hear that it was too expensive and now that even at 57.99 is still a lot... Yes it's a lot but probably best price so far since it came out. Oh well... Good luck to those that wait for it to come down (My guess within a few years).

bfellow is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by lostn View Post
    I don't like the slim cases used in the Ultimate collection. It makes it look cheap. The HD-DVD version used normal thickness cases. The 10th anniversary book edition looks much sleeker. Is that 10th Anniversary blu-ray book edition available for the other 2 movies as well?

Knowing my luck, they will release later and I will buy them.. then there will be a box set. And I'll have to get the box set just for the box.. If movies 2 and 3 release for the same price as the first one, it will still add up to be cheaper than this 'discounted' ultimate box set.

According to amazon, that 10th Anni edition is only 1 disc.
    The digibook is 2 disc but the 2nd disc is put in a sleeve that is literally pasted into the back of the info cover. I found this out unfortunately when the back info cover start coming off the book.
    Display: Samsung 52" LNT5271F LCD 1080/24p 120Hz
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606 5.1
    HD players: Samsung BDP-1600 Profile 2.0, PS3 - 160GB
    Lite-On 4x BD-ROM (for PC) , PowerDVD 7.3/8.0 Ultra, Corel WinDVD 9
    : 111
    : 7

To the poster concerned about the slim cases, what I did, was buy some extra cases and print out custom artwork for each movie, and tossed the slim cases. I can't stand them!

Bouncy X is offline Member

here in good ol canada, the set costs 100$ brand new. and i already have the dvd set and didnt wanna rebuy but i was lucky a few months ago and amazon canada had a similar sale, 50% off which knocked it down to 50$. so then i started considering it but still wasnt entirely sure considering how little i watch them. BUT.. then i realized i also had this 20$ gift certificate my sexy friend gave me for my birthday so when all was said and done, the set cost me 37$ vs the 112-ish it woulda cost brand new with tax.

quite worth it. :P

lostn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
    The Ultimate collection contains not only the 3 movies but the Animatrix disc of short films, all in magnificent hi-def, plus 2 discs in SD of extras for a total of 6 discs in the box set. Doubtful that you'd find it cheaper...unless you're willing to wait a few years.
    The problem is, Reloaded and Revolutions sucked major donkey's balls, so no big deal.

Animatrix is also crap, and I never watch extras, so I think I'll just buy the Matrix 10th anni blu-ray book.

But then again, I didn't like the first Matrix that much either, so I'm not sure why I'm wasting my money. If they kept only the action scenes and ignored the rest of the plot, it would have been 10 times better.

EDIT: Looks like the 10th anni book deal for $13.99 is over now. This is the only chance to get a discount on Matrix I guess. And it will be gone tomorrow. I hate myself for doing this, but what the heck.
    Last edited by lostn; 07-14-2009 at 03:53 AM.