$9.99 bluray sale at INetVideo - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-08-2009, 02:40 AM

Default $9.99 bluray sale at INetVideo

Hey everyone,

InetVideo has a new sale on with many titles going for US$9.99 - many of these titles are new to the site and were not available before, including titles like TWILIGHT .

daniel

Old 07-08-2009, 04:04 AM

Really not that great of a selection... only title I would consider was Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. Most of these titles outside of Twilight have been around awhile, and many were the crappy 10in1 movies that people have had to litterally give away. Worth checking out as there are a few ok titles, but most people will probably pass... thanks for the heads up though.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:32 AM

Some of them seem to be Alliance releases from Canada, it is generally a good idea to do some research on the quality of those before you buy...
Old 07-08-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
Some of them seem to be Alliance releases from Canada, it is generally a good idea to do some research on the quality of those before you buy...

Hmm, good point. Are most Alliance releases bad in terms of quality and bluray mastering ?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 AM

Perhaps this is a good place to ask this question... does anyone know of a website which tracks the quality of blurays released in Canada versus those released in USA? It would be a useful tool for those of us who are particular about the quality of the video/sound of blurays we buy (and we all should be, since we have embraced high definition) but would still like a bargain or two when we can get it. I guess it is no point buying blurays just because they are at a bargain price if we get less than stellar bluray mastering on the titles we buy....

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 AM

Yeah, those are not US releases...
Old 07-08-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danchia View Post
Perhaps this is a good place to ask this question... does anyone know of a website which tracks the quality of blurays released in Canada versus those released in USA? It would be a useful tool for those of us who are particular about the quality of the video/sound of blurays we buy (and we all should be, since we have embraced high definition) but would still like a bargain or two when we can get it. I guess it is no point buying blurays just because they are at a bargain price if we get less than stellar bluray mastering on the titles we buy....

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
This thread doesn't compare USA vs Canadian releases but very informative...

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...se-thread.html
Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
This thread doesn't compare USA vs Canadian releases but very informative...

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...se-thread.html
Thanks darkdaze .... i must say it really is informative. I think the general concensus is that the Canadian releases can't be beat for their prices if one is only interested in the films themselves. However, if you want all the bells and whistles and special features and all, then you'll have to be prepared to fork out a lot more money for the US domestic releases.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:30 AM

yeah not the best selection @ inetvideo but people like me starting their bluray collection, its just great finding these cheap Blurays.. especially with shipping discount.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:06 PM

I had no idea some of the Canadian editions could be so different. I guess all of the HDs I bought were all from Big studios, so the same as the US edition.

I did some quick research on Twilight (since it in their ad). It gets confusing. At least three studios are producing these blus
UK = Contender Entertainment Group
CA = Paradox
USA = Summit Entertainment

Amazon.CA has two editions the US (Summit) and the CA (the aptly named Paradox), I have no idea which one iNet has although in there information they list only one disc where as one of the Amazon.CA reviews list 2 discs.
I also couldn't find reliable audio and Picture info, so I doubt this will be much help, but here it is anyhow.

Quote:

UK = Contender Entertainment Group

(from amazon UK)

Special Features
EXTRAS – over 2 hours of additional material

Audio commentary
The Adventure Begins – The Journey from page to screen
A conversation with Stephanie Meyer
The Comic-Con phenomenon
Deleted scenes (with director introduction)
Extended scenes (with director introduction)
Video: “Muse” performing “Supermassive Black Hole”
Video: “Decode” by “Paramore”
UK premiere footage (exclusive to UK)
Theatrical trailer
Theatrical TV spots
Becoming Edward
Becoming Bella
Catherine Hardwicke’s Vampire Kiss montage
Edward’s piano concert
Music: The heartbeat of Twilight
Catherine Hardwicke’s “Bella’s Lullaby Remix” music video
Quote:
CA = Paradox

(From Amazon.CA review)

DISK 1 (122 minutes)

EXTENDED SCENES: (5 of them) With director's introduction. Too bad these couldn't have been left in. Including an extended meadow scene, In Edward's bedroom, James don't play with your food and don't read Charlie's mind.

AUDIO COMMENTARY: With director Catherine Hardwicke, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. Watch the movie with Rob, Kristen and Catherine. This is really funny stuff with alot of teasing regarding Rob's driving capabilities, his eyebrows and aging (where's Efron?)

MUSIC VIDEOS: Muse-Black hole (Stephanie Meyer introduces video), Linkin Park- Leave out all the rest (very cool live performance), Paramore-Decode(great video with movie clips as seen on Much Music)

DISK 2 (78 minutes)

7 PART DOCUMENTARY: (55 minutes) The journey from page to screen. My favourite extra on the disk. Really interesting behind the scenes look at the making of the film. The stunts, the baseball game, the music, interviews with the cast and tons of unseen footage.

DELETED SCENES: (5 of them) Again, too bad they couldn't have been left in especially the sexy finger biting meadow scene. Also a neat scene with Carlisle and Esme and the infamous "she's not one of us Edward."

COMIC CON PHENOMENOM: (8 minutes) Where the screaming began. 6000 fans have a Q&A with Rob, Kristen, Taylor, Edi, Michelle, Cam, Catherine and Stephanie Meyer.

THEATRICAL CAMPAIGN: (12 minutes) Teaser trailers as seen on TV, Sneak peaks (5 in all)

Highly recommended, If you're a fan of Twilight than these extras are what you've been waiting for. Bring on New Moon.
Was this review helpful to you?
Quote:
USA = Summit Entertainment
(From Here)

Audio Formats

* English DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround (48kHz/24-bit)
* French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround (640kbps)

* Audio Commentary - Director Catherine Hardwicke is joined by young stars Kirsten Stewart and Robert Pattinson.

* Documentary: "The Adventure Begins: The Journey From Page to Screen" (HD, 55 minutes)

* Featurette: "Comic-Con Presentation" (SD, 8 minutes)

* Deleted Scenes (HD, 14 minutes)

* Music Videos (SD)

* Theatrical Trailers (HD)

* Picture-in-Picture: "The Adventure Begins: The Journey From Page to Screen" (HD, 55 minutes)

* BD-Live - 'Twilight' also comes BD-Live-enabled.