Magnavox $128 @ Walmart... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-28-2009, 03:29 PM

Default Magnavox $128 @ Walmart...

I was in Walmart last night and the Magnavox blu-ray player is still selling at $128, they had a stack of about 20 on the shelf.

Maybe they aren't selling as well as Walmart hoped. I remember when I picked mine up on the last black friday it was a madhouse.

The one I bought has operated perfectly, playing every disc I've bought or rented without issue.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martythebrit View Post
I was in Walmart last night and the Magnavox blu-ray player is still selling at $128, they had a stack of about 20 on the shelf.

Maybe they aren't selling as well as Walmart hoped. I remember when I picked mine up on the last black friday it was a madhouse.

The one I bought has operated perfectly, playing every disc I've bought or rented without issue.
Yep, panama city has them too.

People were saying that whoever wanted one would have to hurry becasue they sell out like they did on black Friday. I will give credit to wally world for keeping the price on sale.

Last edited by The_Doctor; 06-28-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:28 PM

yeah we got in about 65 of them lol and still more than 1/2 sitting on the floor.....sold well but not as well as we had hoped
Old 06-28-2009, 08:09 PM

Surprising that they are not selling better. But perhaps some of the people who would have bought one were scared off by the HD DVD players they bought only to see that format sent to the back of the bus a few months later.

Magnavox isn't the greatest brand in the world either....at least I don't trust it for something like a TV or DVD player. Freddy
Old 06-28-2009, 08:37 PM

Maybe Walmart will have a Sony or similar blu-ray player on sale for $128 this coming black friday...

One can only hope...
Old 06-28-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyC View Post
Surprising that they are not selling better. But perhaps some of the people who would have bought one were scared off by the HD DVD players they bought only to see that format sent to the back of the bus a few months later.

Magnavox isn't the greatest brand in the world either....at least I don't trust it for something like a TV or DVD player. Freddy
It seems to me that Magnavox used to be strictly Philips CE equipment, which was usually pretty decent stuff. But these days, I think it could be most anything.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:18 PM

The brand name may be a problem, but the heart of the problem is that people have higher expectations and that there are plenty of sub $199 players out there.

People are excited by the Vizio blu player, good for them, but the $188 price barrier had already been breached at wal-mart and sams club.

I do think that people are expecting better name brands to show up. Or maybe I got it all wrong and nobody in the general public cares about brand names , maybe its all down to price, maybe they expect to be given the player and some movies.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:34 PM

This sale has been going on since Father's Day...it's been mentioned before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
The brand name may be a problem, but the heart of the problem is that people have higher expectations and that there are plenty of sub $199 players out there.

People are excited by the Vizio blu player, good for them, but the $188 price barrier had already been breached at wal-mart and sams club.

I do think that people are expecting better name brands to show up. Or maybe I got it all wrong and nobody in the general public cares about brand names , maybe its all down to price, maybe they expect to be given the player and some movies.
The $188 Vizio will be a Walmart exclusive actually.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martythebrit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs1 View Post
yeah we got in about 65 of them lol and still more than 1/2 sitting on the floor.....sold well but not as well as we had hoped
Same situation at my north Texas location (Mesquite)...there was very little movement in the first week of the sale, which makes me wonder how well the brand names are doing at the higher price-points.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveforbluray View Post
This sale has been going on since Father's Day...it's been mentioned before.

The $188 Vizio will be a Walmart exclusive actually.
Yeah, but its not bad to mention it again since the sale is still on.

Vizio is a timed exclusive as I understand it. Don't know haven't kept up on it. Either way it is not breaking new ground, it may end up being a better player, but the price and features are already available. Now the Vizio at $128 or $98 that might be news.