sonyrewards.com coupon codes for Ghostbusters and Strangelove - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-17-2009, 01:48 AM

Default sonyrewards.com coupon codes for Ghostbusters and Strangelove

For members of sonyrewards.com finally the coupon code works today. I did a bit of guesswork as I haven't received any official email. following two codes works:

ghostbusters
strangelove

if you are member (with sony card or playstation card) each of the codes will give you $10 off. Remember the codes are not stackable so use it one per item and if you want both movies place two order. I am a platinum member since I participate in their daily trivia and other things so finally the price came after discount as:
ghostbuster -- > 1546 points
strangelove --> 2397 points.

for non sony card members it may not be a good deal but for me the movies are free due to my accumulated points.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Formerly the13stuff

how does this work. I have that card and a bunch of points too, but I thought that you could only get a certain amount off when it came to small things like blu-rays etc.

Please enlighten.

edit: I have 5,103 points with them. What can I get with them without paying extra and how?
Old 06-17-2009, 02:07 AM
Formerly the13stuff

Red face

Also, I'm not sure if I am doing it right, but trying to fool around with their site I couldn't get either of those codes to work on sony rewards....

edit: sorry keep adding stuff haha but..... this is what I find confusing:

Point Redemption Rules:

For DVD or CD items listed for less than 2,000 points in the Rewards catalog, members can apply a maximum of 200 Sony Rewards points.
For DVD or CD items greater than 2,001 points but less than 10,000, members can apply a maximum of 500 Sony Rewards points.
Sony Card members have no point redemption limits.
Members can receive a 100 point discount on each DVD or CD title when 2 or more are ordered.
For items that are 10,000 points or less, members are only allowed to apply 500 Rewards points.
For items that are 10,001 points or more, members are allowed to apply an unlimited amount of Rewards points.

I read that and it makes me think that I can only use 300-500 points for a blu-ray and I have to pay the rest with cash. However, when I put ghostbusters in my cart and mock-checked out, it looked like I didn't have to pay any cash at all and that I was covered in full with my points.

Additional edit: OK I see on another site that if you have the sony card, you can use whatever points you want.... now it makes sense!!!!

However, still couldn't get the coupon codes to work, and I would LOVE to get GB for so few points! Not to mention Strangelove!

Last edited by Shaqfuyou; 06-17-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:53 AM

If you have the Sony Card - you can also go to any online retailer or brick and mortar store, use it to buy any Sony product - TV, DVD player, PS3 game, Blu-ray (not sure if that has to be Sony pictures or not) and you can then go online, fill out a credit purchase form and mail it which will then:

1. Give you credit + bonus points for buy a Sony item
2. Request they deduct your points and apply it to the credit card

I used to think you could only get stuff off of the rewards site or only from sonystyle.com, but this works fine. Sometimes it can take up to 2 billing cycles to see the credit applied, but it will eventually.

That's how I use my points most of the time: wait for a Best Buy or Amazon sale...fill out the form and wait for the credit to roll in.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Formerly the13stuff

codes work now, thanks!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:55 AM

If you have an actual Sony visa credit card, and you have enough points, you can order and pay for blu-rays with them alone. I just used this deal to get Dr. Strangelove with points I had accumulated. I also got Glory and Air Force One free with my rewards points.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:37 PM

ghostbuster
ghostbusters

The coupon number you entered is invalid. Please try another.

????
Ghostbusters
We were unable to apply that coupon to your cart.

?????????????

Last edited by ulyssessthgreat; 06-18-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: error
Old 06-19-2009, 07:49 PM

ghostbusters worked for me. I'm a Sony Rewards Blu-Ray club member, and also got it in my email, so maybe it only works for people who got the email. You can join that club for free through the sonyrewards.com site.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:28 PM

Is it me or is it pointless to even buy anything from the Sony Rewards catalog unless you're a Sony Card member? I just registered 10 Sony titles and got a $10 coupon code. I tried to buy Life of Brian just as an experiment to see if it would work and it only let me apply the 210 points I had in my point bank. It would not accept the certificate code. So they wanted me to buy points. It would have cost me $27 to make up the difference by buying points so I could take home Life of Brian. No thanks!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Formerly the13stuff

How long is the Strangelove coupon code good for? Also, for the wheel watchers club, & daily question games to get 15 % off... how does that work? If you get 12 of each game correct you get 15% off two different items? That confuses me because it doesn't say it's only good for one item, but I wondered if it happened to be that way if you could double up since they have two games to get the 15 % off.

Last edited by Shaqfuyou; 06-20-2009 at 06:54 AM.