Lost Blu Ray upgrade rebate - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-16-2009, 05:08 PM

Default Lost Blu Ray upgrade rebate

Just got my Lost season 1 and 2 today from Amazon. Each contained a rebate form to get $20 for upgrading to Blu Ray. So that means I saved $10 per season from Amazon and am getting an extra $20 from the upgrade... so not bad...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:18 PM

Ah yes this is sweet thank for posting this. I started a thread on the Lost Season 1 & 2 pages on Amazon asking this very question but no one has responded yet. I saw the stickers on the packages at Target. So with the $20 Amazon discount and $20 DVD upgrade discount for both seasons you can get a total of $60 off making it only $38 TOTAL for both seasons. SWEET
Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM

OK, quick question. According to the terms of the rebate form, "offer valid, and purchases must be made, between June 16, 2009, and June 16, 2010." So looking at my invoice from Amazon I only have a pre-order date of March 31st and no date of purchase and/or shipment. Also, "store receipts must emanate from same state as consumer address." There is no actual store receipt, just an Amazon invoice with no point of origin. So... will they still honor said rebate? Also, can you get the rebate on Season 1 and Season 2 seperately or is it one or the other? Lastly... has anyone who has purchased these through Amazon verified that they will accept this, or does anyone know who I can contact to find out? thanks!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Lastly... has anyone who has purchased these through Amazon verified that they will accept this, or does anyone know who I can contact to find out? thanks!
I believe that you will get turned down, that's why they typically put that disclaimer in there about needing to buy it in state, so that people can't get a deal on amazon or any other online retailer and then get a rebate too. If anyone has had luck then please correct me, but in all this time I haven't seen anyone get them to accept the rebates with that wording.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severian00 View Post
I believe that you will get turned down, that's why they typically put that disclaimer in there about needing to buy it in state, so that people can't get a deal on amazon or any other online retailer and then get a rebate too. If anyone has had luck then please correct me, but in all this time I haven't seen anyone get them to accept the rebates with that wording.
F them with their own tricks
buy a set local B&M,photocopy receipt and return unopened

or even easier
Buy BB for local pickup, printout receipt, cancel order or don't pickup order=autorefund
Old 06-17-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severian00 View Post
don't worry about it

I have used amazon plenty of times and printed receipts for preorders various times for rebates. Just send it in. Even if it doesn't work out, what have you got to lose? A stamp, envelope, and a small section of your blu ray packaging.

I did the offer tonight and will be sending my rebates out tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear View Post
don't worry about it

I have used amazon plenty of times and printed receipts for preorders various times for rebates. Just send it in. Even if it doesn't work out, what have you got to lose? A stamp, envelope, and a small section of your blu ray packaging.

I did the offer tonight and will be sending my rebates out tomorrow.
Let us know if it works for you. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:56 PM

So.... any word yet if this works or not?
Old 06-27-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
So.... any word yet if this works or not?
I have mailed the rebate for Lost S1 last week. However, I can tell you that buying a BD from Amazon and then sending a rebate for it works. I have never been rejected a rebate based on the "same state clause". Example of the rebates I got so far - Signs, Unbreakable, Kill Bill 1 and 2, Gangs of new York, Crimson Tide etc. I hope this helps.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:50 AM

could I send two rebates together? I bought season 1 and 2 at the same time.