Blockbuster Canada, 2 for $30 PV, TONS of new releases. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-11-2009, 09:35 PM

Default Blockbuster Canada, 2 for $30 PV, TONS of new releases.

Blockbuster Canada has 2 for $30 on all previously viewed. Usually not exciting.... expect this time it actually was. There was literally 100's of blu's in the section, and TONS of new stuff. There was Taken, The Wrestler, Bloody Valentine, Yes Man, Bride Wars, The Day the Earth Stood Still, and many other newer movies, not to mention the piles of catalog stuff. Jamie
Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Blockbuster Canada has 2 for $30 on all previously viewed. Usually not exciting.... expect this time it actually was. There was literally 100's of blu's in the section, and TONS of new stuff. There was Taken, The Wrestler, Bloody Valentine, Yes Man, Bride Wars, The Day the Earth Stood Still, and many other newer movies, not to mention the piles of catalog stuff. Jamie
It varies from store to store....but i wouldn't say there's 100's of Blu's....the most i've seen at any store is maybe 25-35 different titles.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor77 View Post
It varies from store to store....but i wouldn't say there's 100's of Blu's....the most i've seen at any store is maybe 25-35 different titles.
Well maybe in your area yeah. The two stores I went to today had about 100-150 movies, obviously some had 5+ copies of the same title, but there was still 50+ different titles.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:55 PM

Yeah, I can say that my local one has a good number also, probably close to 50 after looking at both sides of the rack. Traded in Bridge to Terabithia for $10, which hardly ever goes for that much here, and got Curious Case of Benjamin Button (only copy, not supposed to be out in PV until late June) and another title.

It's hit and miss on the titles out, as even a week after release, they already have one or two titles that have been in previously viewed. I wonder if they have a number of times they rent them before they go to PV, because new release BD are always checked out...
Old 06-11-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Well maybe in your area yeah. The two stores I went to today had about 100-150 movies, obviously some had 5+ copies of the same title, but there was still 50+ different titles.
which blockbusters did you go to, the one at the corner of dakota and st.mary's doesn't have alot.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:54 PM

is it true that blockbuster has different cuts/editions than retail BD discs? that'd prevent me from visiting them.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:47 AM

1) You'll never get the digital copy from them. 2) You'll never get the bonus SD disc from them (not talking about the extra feature disc, but the bonus movie on SD disc - such as Bride Wars). 3) They may have the disc in a black DVD case, but I get them to swap it with another Blu-ray case if necessary. 4) Most of the time they won't have the inserts (like with the copy of Benjamin Button I received.) 5) Of course, no slipcovers.

That being said, if you are getting a single disc movie, such as Quantum of Solace, etc, it's the same retail BD disc with factory artwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger View Post
is it true that blockbuster has different cuts/editions than retail BD discs? that'd prevent me from visiting them.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:30 AM

I posted this sale like 2 weeks ago Oh well at least people are paying attention now
Old 06-14-2009, 04:44 AM

The Blockbuster store here didn't have too many different titles on sale, but I mistakenly bought Bloody Valentine, only to find out it didn't have the 3-D version included. Bummer! I didn't realize a non 3-D version was even made on blu, but there you have it. So I took it back and got a refund. Oh well, I'll have to wait until Rogers Video starts to sell some of their copies. Everything comes to he who waits.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock View Post
The Blockbuster store here didn't have too many different titles on sale, but I mistakenly bought Bloody Valentine, only to find out it didn't have the 3-D version included. Bummer! I didn't realize a non 3-D version was even made on blu, but there you have it. So I took it back and got a refund. Oh well, I'll have to wait until Rogers Video starts to sell some of their copies. Everything comes to he who waits.

I was just at my local Rogers store (Burlington) and a bunch of new movies were put out for sale (30% off still going too) They had Taken, Valkyrie and Benjamin Button (grabbed the last copy) I think Bloody Valentine was out as well. Plus they come in their original cases too. (gladly pay the extra 40 cents for it)