LG SUPER BLU BH200 HD-DVD & Blu-ray combo player - Clearance at $240.00 @ Best Buy! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-15-2008, 01:18 PM

Default LG SUPER BLU BH200 HD-DVD & Blu-ray combo player - Clearance at $240.00 @ Best Buy!

Ok, so a Best Buy opened up a few months ago down the street from the house I just bought. I always go in to see if I can find some clearance or open box deals and I found the BEST deal I have ever found. I was looking though the Blu-ray players and low and behold I saw that they had clearanced the LG SUPER BLU BH200 (single player plays both hhhhdvd & bbblu discs) player to $239.99! I thought this was a mistake so I asked the salesman if this price was correct and he said yes. It was changed last week and they are trying to get rid of all of them before Thanksgiving. So needless to say I picked up the last two players they had for my new house since I have an extensive collection of hhhhdvd and now slowly getting into bbblu. I knew a whole bunch of other people that might want one so I had the sales guy check to see if a few other stores had any. Now here's the weird part, some stores had them for the clearance price of $239.99 but some had them for $279.99. I guess some stores haven't had the chance to change the price in their system yet. Online the player is still $399.99, don't mess with that and just go/call your local Best Buy's to see if they have any of these players left at this price and get one before they are gone. Good luck to you all!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:23 PM

Default LG SUPER BLU BH200 HD-DVD & Blu-ray combo player - Clearance at $240.00 @ Best Buy!

Ok, so a Best Buy opened up a few months ago down the street from the house I just bought. I always go in to see if I can find some clearance or open box deals and I found the BEST deal I have ever found. I was looking though the Blu-ray players and low and behold I saw that they had clearanced the LG SUPER BLU BH200 (single player plays both & discs) player to $239.99! I thought this was a mistake so I asked the salesman if this price was correct and he said yes. It was changed last week and they are trying to get rid of all of them before Thanksgiving. So needless to say I picked up the last two players they had for my new house since I have an extensive collection of and now slowly getting into . I knew a whole bunch of other people that might want one so I had the sales guy check to see if a few other stores had any. Now here's the weird part, some stores had them for the clearance price of $239.99 but some had them for $279.99. I guess some stores haven't had the chance to change the price in their system yet. Online the player is still $399.99, don't mess with that and just go/call your local Best Buy's to see if they have any of these players left at this price and get one before they are gone. Good luck to you all!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrModern View Post
Ok, so a Best Buy opened up a few months ago down the street from the house I just bought. I always go in to see if I can find some clearance or open box deals and I found the BEST deal I have ever found. I was looking though the Blu-ray players and low and behold I saw that they had clearanced the LG SUPER BLU BH200 (single player plays both & discs) player to $239.99! I thought this was a mistake so I asked the salesman if this price was correct and he said yes. It was changed last week and they are trying to get rid of all of them before Thanksgiving. So needless to say I picked up the last two players they had for my new house since I have an extensive collection of and now slowly getting into . I knew a whole bunch of other people that might want one so I had the sales guy check to see if a few other stores had any. Now here's the weird part, some stores had them for the clearance price of $239.99 but some had them for $279.99. I guess some stores haven't had the chance to change the price in their system yet. Online the player is still $399.99, don't mess with that and just go/call your local Best Buy's to see if they have any of these players left at this price and get one before they are gone. Good luck to you all!
I was at the one in Westbury NY a couple of days ago and they were still $399.00.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:40 PM

Do you know if the find a product by store (via the Best Buy website) can be trusted?

Right now all the stores listed within 2 hours of my zip code show as "Unavailable".
Old 10-15-2008, 01:53 PM

can the LG bitstream DTS-HD MA for either format ??
Old 10-15-2008, 01:59 PM

Great deal. The player is still $400 at my local Best Buy. I would expect the few remaining in inventory to be blown out everywhere at a great price soon. I just picked up an open box for around $210 delivered after Microsoft Live.com Search cashback. I love this player and thought it was a great deal at $340.

Chris
Old 10-15-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws17 View Post
I was at the one in Westbury NY a couple of days ago and they were still $399.00.
Dude, same here. I went to two Best Buy's where one store had them clearly marked at $239.99. I had the sales guy check the other store in the area and he told me which store had them for $239 and which stores had them for more. When I went to the second store they had the price marked at $399.99 but the sales guy told me that in the system they had marked it down to $239.99. When I took the player to the cash register, BAM, it WAS the $239.99 price and I got it for that price. So even if the signage in the store says $399.99 it may be less you or have an employee check the price in the system.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsmith21 View Post
Do you know if the find a product by store (via the Best Buy website) can be trusted?

Right now all the stores listed within 2 hours of my zip code show as "Unavailable".
In my area yes. My zip code is 92324 and it clearly show the stores that have the players and they update their system everyday from what I understand. When I called yesterday those players in the stores that had them in stock DID have them in stock.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:11 PM

I am new to this model. What are the great things about it other than playing both HD dvd's and blu's? Is it a Great upconverter too?
Old 10-15-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
can the LG bitstream DTS-HD MA for either format ??
I have tried Blu-ray DTS-HD MA and the answer is yes. I don't recall having tried HD DVD DTS-HD MA, but I believe the answer is yes, I will confirm it if somebody else doesn't.

Chris