Black Friday Bargains Thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-25-2019, 03:57 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default Black Friday Bargains Thread

See a bargain? Post it here. Have a wish list? Discuss it here.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:59 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I missed out on a flash deal on Amazon earlier in the year for the Fast & Furious 4K set. If it pops up again, I'm game.
I don't have a lot of desires this year. Maybe a few older TV shows that are on DVD that might never see HD in a physical format. Ya never know if you want something though til it stares you in the face this week (Black Week/Black Friday) and into next (Cyber Monday.)
Old 11-27-2019, 01:06 AM

Cheap Ass Gamer has a nice spreadsheet that they include movies on, that's always been my go to for deals to keep an eye on for Black Friday. Hope this link works. If it doesn't go right to movies, there's a tab on the bottom to sort through games/consoles/movies

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1706473921
Old 11-27-2019, 02:33 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Pretty decent spreadsheet, looks like it shows which retailer initiated the price, thus the emptiness on the Amazon column. One can bet Amazon will match some deals, but it goes to show you that B&M are the leaders to discounts. Best Buy will likely see a fair amount of my business from the looks of it.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Pretty decent spreadsheet, looks like it shows which retailer initiated the price, thus the emptiness on the Amazon column. One can bet Amazon will match some deals, but it goes to show you that B&M are the leaders to discounts. Best Buy will likely see a fair amount of my business from the looks of it.
Yup, I've moved more towards Best Buy for Black Friday since they actually do the sales. Although I have Prime and a Prime Visa, so the free 1/2 day shipping and 5% back kinda make that tough. But I have a list of 6 or so I'll probably pick up off of this for UHD. I got John Wick 3 and Alita for $15 the other day, wasn't worth risking inventory for another $2 off each.

Other random thing.... I had ordered some Blu's like 3 years ago from Best Buy for Black Friday. Then the following year they somehow sent me them AGAIN. Was only charged ones, so just a random glitch. But I was really confused when a package arrived full of movies I already bought lol
Old 11-28-2019, 04:04 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Today's newspaper has all the sale flyers - except Best Buy. Best Buy decided to do this last year, so I did not see the scope of the entire ad, so I never went there. I had gotten a handful of titles on their web site, but again, no ad, no visit.

Having seen the ads though, Walmart has a better deal on some of the 4K titles, which the spreadsheet is not showing.