Marilyn Monroe Nine Film Collection is $30 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-28-2015, 04:05 AM

Default Marilyn Monroe Nine-Film Collection is $30

EDIT: Sale is finished.

At Amazon, deal of the day.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FC1ZC9Q/

Have not watched an MM movie yet. I may just blind buy this set, for around $3 per movie, why not, I guess.

Last edited by Tnecniv; 07-29-2015 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:54 AM

Great price!
Old 07-28-2015, 01:54 PM

That's a good set. A good variety of titles. I think Munroe is best known for her comedy stuff, and that set contains the biggest fan favourites, but also a lot of her non-comedy movies are in there.

I like her comedy flicks, but tend to prefer her other stuff. I think 'The Misfits' is her best film; it's a very good drama with Clarke Gable giving a very good performance. 'River of No Return' is a solid western, very enjoyable. 'Niagra' is like all those Hitchcock type thrillers, it has good suspense but does get a little silly in some places as it tries to ratchet things up, but still a good movie.

So if you want to dig into Munroe's work, that set is a great place to start.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
That's a good set. A good variety of titles. I think Munroe is best known for her comedy stuff, and that set contains the biggest fan favourites, but also a lot of her non-comedy movies are in there.

I like her comedy flicks, but tend to prefer her other stuff. I think 'The Misfits' is her best film; it's a very good drama with Clarke Gable giving a very good performance. 'River of No Return' is a solid western, very enjoyable. 'Niagra' is like all those Hitchcock type thrillers, it has good suspense but does get a little silly in some places as it tries to ratchet things up, but still a good movie.

So if you want to dig into Munroe's work, that set is a great place to start.
Man I LOVED Niagra, a nice noir film. I also loved her in the Misfits as well. Never saw River of No Return.

I think I am going to pick up this set.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:20 PM

Good feedback. Am thinking of watching Misfits first but might see them in chronological order, not sure yet.

I should be getting my set on thursday, am really looking forward to digging into it over the weekend.

Edit; forgot to mention, the set is temporarily sold out (10-13 days) but it can still be added to cart, just click on the ''new from'' link and from there amazon should be at the top of the list with the dotd price.

Last edited by Tnecniv; 07-28-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Thanks for heads up - just purchased.

Lol, the default purchase option is $104.99.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:53 AM

Welcome, and haha yeah amazon's funny like that when they temporarily run out of stock, hopefully most people are aware of the 'new from' trick by now.