Studio Ghibli Titles on sale this week $19.99 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default Studio Ghibli Titles on sale this week $19.99

Best Buy started it, Amazon is matching some of it, Studio Ghibli titles on sale this week for $19.99.
Amazon is playing their little game as at post most of the BB titles were still available at Amazon.

Best Buy
(*) - Titles denoted not available instore.

Howl's Moving Castle (*)
Kiki's Delivery Service
My Neighbor Totoro (*)
Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind (*)
Pom Poko
Porco Rosso
Princess Mononoke
The Secret World of Arrietty (*)
Tales From the Earthsea
Whisper of the Heart
The Wind Rises

Amazon
Some titles may have extended delivery dates. Some titles may no longer be $19.99 as Amazon changes their formula constantly. You may have to click the add to cart button on the lower right for the lower price.

Kiki's Delivery Service
Pom Poko
Princess Mononoke
Tales From the Earthsea
Whisper of the Heart
The Wind Rises
Old 02-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I will likely be getting a few but from the price leader, not the price follower. At post there are 11 titles available from best Buy at this price. Amazon *was* matching 8 of them, no more.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Added Pom Poko and Kiki's Delivery service to Amazon list.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:48 PM

Depending on how many someone is looking for, you would come out a lot cheaper signing up and buying these via the Disney Movie Club. There are quite a few that are listed on the enrollment page as part of the initial sign up.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Depending on how many someone is looking for, you would come out a lot cheaper signing up and buying these via the Disney Movie Club. There are quite a few that are listed on the enrollment page as part of the initial sign up.
Yeah I had seriously thought about signing up for that just to get as many of these as I could, starting out with like 7 Blurays for $30 or something and only having to buy 2 more over the course of 2 years or something, which I would most likely be doing anyways, might cost a bit more for those in the long run, but no way does it make the whole deal not worth it
Old 02-17-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Yeah I had seriously thought about signing up for that just to get as many of these as I could, starting out with like 7 Blurays for $30 or something and only having to buy 2 more over the course of 2 years or something, which I would most likely be doing anyways, might cost a bit more for those in the long run, but no way does it make the whole deal not worth it
If you use one of the codes I posted in the DMC exclusives thread, you could get the first 7 titles for around $22. After that just purchase 2 more titles to fulfill the commitment. The titles usually have to be $29.99 of more, but there are exceptions. Plus they are always offering deals like B1G1 40% off or B1G1 50% off. But in those deals the reduced titles do not count towards your fulfillment. You can usually get out with 9 titles for $90 or less, not counting any extra titles you may buy. The $29.99 for commitments may seem high, but when averaged out with the enrollments titles they come out pretty cheap.

edit: I also want to add that if you can find someone that also wants to join after you have signed up you get refer them and get 2 more titles for around $6 shipped. Thanks to Boston007 I was able to pick up Mary Poppins and The Secret World of Arrietty.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:42 AM

It's too bad Princess Kaguya is not on DMC.