The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series $28.49 @ Amazon.ca - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-29-2014, 12:49 PM

Default The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series $28.49 @ Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008...9875191&sr=1-1

$28.49!!! Amazing price! It's out of stock right now. Says it'll ship between 1-2 months, but items usually ship much, much quicker than that.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008...9875191&sr=1-1

$28.49!!! Amazing price! It's out of stock right now. Says it'll ship between 1-2 months, but items usually ship much, much quicker than that.
Has to be a mistake. Shipping was about $10CAN but I bit anyways as that is still WAY cheaper than the normal price
Old 12-29-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Has to be a mistake. Shipping was about $10CAN but I bit anyways as that is still WAY cheaper than the normal price
I remember earlier this year Hill Street Blues the complete series (on DVD) was a stupidly low price. Amazon deleted all the orders that were made for it and people were PISSED (including myself). After sending them some complaint e-mails they ended up giving me a $10 voucher.

This time though, if they do end up deleting my order of the Dick Van Dyke series, I'm not backing down. I'll make sure they do end up giving me that set for $28.49.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:15 PM

Crazy deal. Good luck to those who ordered. :-)
Old 12-29-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
I remember earlier this year Hill Street Blues the complete series (on DVD) was a stupidly low price. Amazon deleted all the orders that were made for it and people were PISSED (including myself). After sending them some complaint e-mails they ended up giving me a $10 voucher.

This time though, if they do end up deleting my order of the Dick Van Dyke series, I'm not backing down. I'll make sure they do end up giving me that set for $28.49.
"MAKE sure" how? Just curious.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:13 PM

Could have been a mistake. It's over now.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHlombardy View Post
"MAKE sure" how? Just curious.
Just by continuously e-mailing them with complaints. I've heard that some people got that Hills Street Blues set because they just kept complaining about it. So if you ordered it and amazon deletes your order, just start peppering them with complaints. They shouldn't be allowed to delete an order because they screwed up. They should man up and deal with it. Say, for example, this Dick Van Dyke collection was priced incorrectly at Walmart and you buy it; it's done with. Transaction is over. It's not as if Walmart can go to your home and take it away from you. So in theory, once you order this from Amazon, it should be a done deal.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:01 AM

Price up to $219.92 now
Old 12-30-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Say, for example, this Dick Van Dyke collection was priced incorrectly at Walmart and you buy it; it's done with. Transaction is over. It's not as if Walmart can go to your home and take it away from you. So in theory, once you order this from Amazon, it should be a done deal.
Sure, if you got it home and got away with it... the 'transaction is over'. But you speak in hypotheticals. Let's say the opposite occurs. Let's say you got to the Walmart cashier who handles your purchase and says "oh, that tag is not the correct price". The "transaction is NOT over" until they process your payment and hand you your merchandise. So, you might not actually get to buy it... especially when it's ~$170 more than it's tagged at. So you'd never get to leave the store with it.

That's what Amazon would do. They'd stop you when they process the order... the transaction is NOT over until they ship the item and process your payment.

Scanning Code of Practice (honoured by Walmart Canada) would give you a $10 discount at best off the proper selling price.

Amazon would (as someone else stated) give a $10 credit, and you can choose to buy it at the proper price or not.

And contrary to what anyone might tell you or say about it -- there is no law that says a retailer has to honour a price tag. Mistakes happen and there are tolerances and allowances permitted to certain extents.

So as much kicking and screaming as anyone cares to belt out. If they do refuse to ship it to you, you cant "force" it from them.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHlombardy View Post
Sure, if you got it home and got away with it... the 'transaction is over'. But you speak in hypotheticals. Let's say the opposite occurs. Let's say you got to the Walmart cashier who handles your purchase and says "oh, that tag is not the correct price". The "transaction is NOT over" until they process your payment and hand you your merchandise. So, you might not actually get to buy it... especially when it's ~$170 more than it's tagged at. So you'd never get to leave the store with it.

That's what Amazon would do. They'd stop you when they process the order... the transaction is NOT over until they ship the item and process your payment.

Scanning Code of Practice (honoured by Walmart Canada) would give you a $10 discount at best off the proper selling price.

Amazon would (as someone else stated) give a $10 credit, and you can choose to buy it at the proper price or not.

And contrary to what anyone might tell you or say about it -- there is no law that says a retailer has to honour a price tag. Mistakes happen and there are tolerances and allowances permitted to certain extents.

So as much kicking and screaming as anyone cares to belt out. If they do refuse to ship it to you, you cant "force" it from them.
But usually the customer is always right. If something is priced incorrectly in-store, and you take it up to the counter to buy it and it should have cost more, usually they have to give it to you for that price. That's just how things normally work. Now maybe some smaller stores or certain specialty stores won't honor this, but it's pretty much the norm for the big chains out there.