Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I went with Eraserhead for under $13 with my 15% off coupon. Got the 2-disk DVD. What happened to the dual format thing? Did they discontinue that?

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    I went with Eraserhead for under $13 with my 15% off coupon. Got the 2-disk DVD. What happened to the dual format thing? Did they discontinue that?
    Yes, they discontinued the dual format releases.

http://www.criterion.com/current/posts/3195-re-format

I got two 20% Off Coupons in the mail yesterday, and woke up to a 20% Off Coupon in my mail. Looks like I gotta pick out three more titles. Not sure which, I'll have to browse all the recent Criterion reviews. I believe I've caught up on the movies I was itching to buy that came out up to the last sale.

I'm open to suggestions: I always dig a good thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
    I got two 20% Off Coupons in the mail yesterday, and woke up to a 20% Off Coupon in my mail. Looks like I gotta pick out three more titles. Not sure which, I'll have to browse all the recent Criterion reviews. I believe I've caught up on the movies I was itching to buy that came out up to the last sale.

I'm open to suggestions: I always dig a good thriller.
    Ditto for me except my email was 15%. Not sure why you got 20%. Doubt I will use the 15% though.
    There are very few remaining Criterion titles I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Ditto for me except my email was 15%. Not sure why you got 20%. Doubt I will use the 15% though.
    There are very few remaining Criterion titles I want.
    Too bad their other Blu-Rays are generally overpriced, as I'm more interested in picking up some of these new 3D Blu-Ray releases.

I have SO MANY Criterion titles to catch up on anyway. When in doubt, I just buy up titles from directors I already know I like, but I think I've caught up on that (Kurosawa, Cronenberg, Anderson, being examples of ones with 3 or more titles in the BD catalog).

Quote Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
    Too bad their other Blu-Rays are generally overpriced, as I'm more interested in picking up some of these new 3D Blu-Ray releases.

I have SO MANY Criterion titles to catch up on anyway. When in doubt, I just buy up titles from directors I already know I like, but I think I've caught up on that (Kurosawa, Cronenberg, Anderson, being examples of ones with 3 or more titles in the BD catalog).
    I have many to catch up on.

When does this sale end?
    Edit: Dec 1

Use promo code BFRIDAY14 for 40% off the half off price. Standard Disclaimer:Has been verified to work but may not work on some titles.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Use promo code BFRIDAY14 for 40% off the half off price. Standard Disclaimer:Has been verified to work but may not work on some titles.
    Seems like it's just one item, but thanks! Got Eraserhead for $13.99. Also picked up The Life Aquatic and Vengeance Is Mine.

With this 30% off coupon you can get the box sets extremely cheap. Even more so if you're a B&N member too. I picked up the Les Blank one today for under $40. Also, you can use the coupon more than once in the stores if you go at different times. Tomorrow's the last day you can use the coupon in the store though.

The good old days. The coupons don't work on Criterions anymore at all ever even when the Criterion is at list price. Tried using a coupon today and ended up ordering on Amazon instead. Ugh. My first Amazon order all year.

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    The good old days. The coupons don't work on Criterions anymore at all ever even when the Criterion is at list price. Tried using a coupon today and ended up ordering on Amazon instead. Ugh. My first Amazon order all year.
    I barely buy anymore on the Criterion 50% off. Yes those coupons won't work. I believe someone said sometimes they work IN-STORE. Regardless, with Amazon's competitive pricing on Criterions I buy there or from Criterion.com when they do their 50% off sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    I barely buy anymore on the Criterion 50% off. Yes those coupons won't work. I believe someone said sometimes they work IN-STORE. Regardless, with Amazon's competitive pricing on Criterions I buy there or from Criterion.com when they do their 50% off sale.
    Yeah, the 50% off isn't as big a deal as it sounds to be. That's because it's 50% off of the list price, not the regular selling price. So it's really like 40% off the regular selling price of $31.95. Then you have Amazon which regularly sells these for around $22.95, with free shipping if you're a Prime member. If you have an Amazon credit card you get 5% back.

If I'm looking to buy multiple titles, and Criterion has it's sale, I'll buy it from them. But if I'm just looking to buy one title, I might just get it from Amazon.
    Rob

Panasonic 58" V10
    Toshiba XA2
    OPPO UPD-203

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12