'The Avengers - 3D' is now $19.99 at Amazon! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-26-2012, 11:34 AM

Default 'The Avengers - 3D' is now $19.99 at Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...nandscathed-20
Old 09-26-2012, 11:49 AM

I better be getting a $10 refund. I payed $29.99 for the set.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:35 PM

Grrrrrrr!!! You know, first I get screwed over the Marvel Collectors Edition that got delayed until like 2013 because of the briefcase which was actually the version that I wanted for $140. So yesterday, I went to go buy a copy since I can't wait until sometime in 2013 to get this!! So I first go to Hastings, which usually, not always, has new releases sale priced for a week or so. I had decided that I would not get a 3D version since I will probably get the Marvel Collectors Edition if it ever comes out but at the same time a Digital Copy was important to me since I had heard that the Marvel Collectors Edition does not come with ANY!!! That is simply incredible to spend $140 on a set and they can't include Digital Copies?? So I go to Hastings, they don't have a 3D version, in stock anyway, but I then I am looking at what they do have and I couldn't believe it. A DVD plus Blu-Ray version for $24.95 and a Blu-Ray plus DVD version for $24.95 in a different box. We really had to release (2) different boxes because people aren't smart enough to figure this out?? Maybe it was for collector's. Worse off, these versions do not have a DIGITAL COPY!! So I go to Walmart, same thing, (2) different Blu-Ray/DVD boxes and the only way I can get a Digital Copy is to buy the one version that I did not want to buy!! A 3D version!! And for $34.95 no less!! With taxes it was around $38!! Talk about taking advantage of something you know people are going to buy! Walmart is usually better than this but not this time! Yep, I bought it. And now I see Amazon selling it for $20 . . . Yea, already opened the Walmart one and registered the Digital Copy. Just couldn't win on this one. Take a deep breath and move on.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:49 PM

It's $19.99 at Target also - which is probably how/why Amazon lowered their price.
But Target is probably sold out by now since they also included an extra blu-ray with special features in the package. The Target deal includes 5 discs in the package plus digital copy & the full soundtrack album in mp3 free download. I picked mine up yesterday and it is not too shabby a deal. I assume the Amazon version has everything except the extra special features blu-ray disc - still a nice deal.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:49 PM

Just got my email from Amzn that I'd be getting a $10 refund... Total 14.99 with the coupon I used way back...
Old 09-26-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarlock View Post
Grrrrrrr!!! You know, first I get screwed over the Marvel Collectors Edition that got delayed until like 2013 because of the briefcase which was actually the version that I wanted for $140. So yesterday, I went to go buy a copy since I can't wait until sometime in 2013 to get this!! So I first go to Hastings, which usually, not always, has new releases sale priced for a week or so. I had decided that I would not get a 3D version since I will probably get the Marvel Collectors Edition if it ever comes out but at the same time a Digital Copy was important to me since I had heard that the Marvel Collectors Edition does not come with ANY!!! That is simply incredible to spend $140 on a set and they can't include Digital Copies?? So I go to Hastings, they don't have a 3D version, in stock anyway, but I then I am looking at what they do have and I couldn't believe it. A DVD plus Blu-Ray version for $24.95 and a Blu-Ray plus DVD version for $24.95 in a different box. We really had to release (2) different boxes because people aren't smart enough to figure this out?? Maybe it was for collector's. Worse off, these versions do not have a DIGITAL COPY!! So I go to Walmart, same thing, (2) different Blu-Ray/DVD boxes and the only way I can get a Digital Copy is to buy the one version that I did not want to buy!! A 3D version!! And for $34.95 no less!! With taxes it was around $38!! Talk about taking advantage of something you know people are going to buy! Walmart is usually better than this but not this time! Yep, I bought it. And now I see Amazon selling it for $20 . . . Yea, already opened the Walmart one and registered the Digital Copy. Just couldn't win on this one. Take a deep breath and move on.
Return it, say it was not playing correctly, most times, you will get a new sealed copy. Then return the sealed copy. YMMV
Old 09-26-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post
Just got my email from Amzn that I'd be getting a $10 refund... Total 14.99 with the coupon I used way back...
DITTO!

Thank you Amazon, it is why you are #1 in my book!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
It's $19.99 at Target also - which is probably how/why Amazon lowered their price.
But Target is probably sold out by now since they also included an extra blu-ray with special features in the package. The Target deal includes 5 discs in the package plus digital copy & the full soundtrack album in mp3 free download. I picked mine up yesterday and it is not too shabby a deal. I assume the Amazon version has everything except the extra special features blu-ray disc - still a nice deal.
The Target deal is really nice.

I wish I could get one but I think they are sold out.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
DITTO!

Thank you Amazon, it is why you are #1 in my book!
Same here, a $14.99 3D movie, one of the best movies of the year no less, hells yeah!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
The Target deal is really nice.

I wish I could get one but I think they are sold out.
Can't speak for your store but the one near me was loaded with 3d copies today. I can only assume that they got another shipment in.

I had to go to Best Buy today(which is basicly next door to Target here) to pick up a copy I pre-ordered with the case. I asked could they price match Target and before I could tell the guy about the in-store price being different than the ad he said "For $19.99, sure".