Did you pre-order "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled"? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-15-2012, 05:56 AM

Default Did you pre-order "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled"?

I don't know how many of you did, but I just recieved an e-mail from Amazon not too long ago about it not releasing (although I already knew). If you kept your pre-order going, though, Amazon will have sent you a code for a free copy of "The Avengers" two-disc version. Here was my e-mail from them:

Quote:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We're writing to let you know that the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection will not be released by Marvel as originally expected. Instead, Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and is expected to be available in the spring of 2013. To make this easy for you, we updated your order for the original collection and will ship the new collection when it becomes available. The price of the new collection will be the same as the original collection.

To show our appreciation for your understanding, we are providing you with a promo code to receive a free copy of Marvel's The Avengers (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging). To be eligible, you must have placed your order between June 1, 2012 and August 28, 2012. Any cancelled orders are not eligible to receive the free copy. Codes must be redeemed by October 15, 2012.

Here is your code: xxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.
Link to the promotions page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...63300_25864080

Yes, I already ordered mine.
$7.92 for two-day shipping after discount is applied.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Former Member

That is really, really awesome of Amazon, they didn't HAVE to do shit.

My only concern: the pricks who will try to screw the system and get free shit and cancel the big set. Hopefully Amazon forces a charge if they do that, because you KNOW some of those jerks at that other place see "free movie" and climax on the ways they can screw people.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:16 PM

I really do as well. Nothing should ever be free, and this is just great customer service (and it's Amazon, so of course they're going to be awesome).

I'm definitely still holding onto my pre-order, seeing that they will be including more stuff because of the delay, as Buena Vista stated.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
they will be including more stuff because of the delay, as Buena Vista stated.
Wondering where that was stated... I'll be keeping my pre-order as well. Amazon's generous gift will hold me over until the full set it released.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:57 PM

Correction: Buena Vista didn't state it, Marvel did.

"The limited edition Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled Collection has been delayed and is scheduled to ship in Spring 2013. The Collection will come in a new briefcase and include even more than the content and features that we had first advertised." Link
Old 09-18-2012, 01:39 AM

thats pretty cool of Amazon.