The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition $49.49 @ Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Wolvie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,971
Default The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition $49.49 @ Amazon

The Gold Box Deal of the Day, and lowest price yet:

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring / The Two Towers / The Return of the King Extended Editions + Digital Copy)
  #2  
Old 02-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 14,156
Default

....For those that missed the BF deal, they save $.50 : )
  #3  
Old 02-26-2012, 12:23 PM
mpbolly's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 865
Default

i heard the picture quality sucks.......... plus, each movie is seperated into two discs.... sorry...... no sale for me
  #4  
Old 02-26-2012, 12:43 PM
CorruptedDragon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbolly View Post
i heard the picture quality sucks.......... plus, each movie is seperated into two discs.... sorry...... no sale for me
I really hope you are kidding.
If for some reason you are serious, you are saying the picture quality sucks (which it doesn't) and then want it to be even worse than what you think it is by having them squished onto one disc? Really?

Apparently you aren't kidding because you made almos the same exact post once before

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbolly View Post
I just can't believe they still splitt the movies in half and put it on two BLURAY DISCS

That's messed up
I find it funny you complain about picture quality but also want a long movie squished onto one disc and thus losing the picture quality and probably most of the HD audio as well. I guess you like convenience of not having to change a disc over PQ/AQ. Not sure why you are buying blu's to begin with then.

Anyway, to keep this on topic, $50 is a pretty decent price for this set and the PQ and AQ on this is pretty good.
  #5  
Old 02-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Sick price.

Oh no I have to get up during intermission to switch discs! The laziness of some people astounds me.
  #6  
Old 02-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Badger3920's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 23,794
Default

Hmm I don't think I'd want to switch discs either to be honest. I don't think it's a lazy or trolling remark to say so either. I'll stick with the theatrical releases I suppose
  #7  
Old 02-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Wolvie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
....For those that missed the BF deal, they save $.50 : )
It's 3 months later and whether or not you got in on that earlier deal, it's still cheaper.
  #8  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 AM
mpbolly's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 865
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
I really hope you are kidding.
If for some reason you are serious, you are saying the picture quality sucks (which it doesn't) and then want it to be even worse than what you think it is by having them squished onto one disc? Really?

Apparently you aren't kidding because you made almos the same exact post once before



I find it funny you complain about picture quality but also want a long movie squished onto one disc and thus losing the picture quality and probably most of the HD audio as well. I guess you like convenience of not having to change a disc over PQ/AQ. Not sure why you are buying blu's to begin with then.

Anyway, to keep this on topic, $50 is a pretty decent price for this set and the PQ and AQ on this is pretty good.
let's be frank, i can't accept the fact that you can't put a 4 hour movie into a bluray disc because it degrades the quality, can't accept it, it doesn't make sense. the reason per movie is on two blurays is because they took the transfer from the dvds or that is how each extended movie was cut, not because they want to keep a certain level of picture quality. Let's be honest, a bluray disc contains a file or series of files, as long as it doesn't exceed the capacity of the bluray, than you are golden.

By your logic, why do some less than 2 hr. movies on a bluray disc look terrible? What's funny is that you think that the less amount of content on a bluray equates to better video quality, now that is funny!
  #9  
Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
CorruptedDragon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbolly View Post
let's be frank, i can't accept the fact that you can't put a 4 hour movie into a bluray disc because it degrades the quality, can't accept it, it doesn't make sense. the reason per movie is on two blurays is because they took the transfer from the dvds or that is how each extended movie was cut, not because they want to keep a certain level of picture quality. Let's be honest, a bluray disc contains a file or series of files, as long as it doesn't exceed the capacity of the bluray, than you are golden.

By your logic, why do some less than 2 hr. movies on a bluray disc look terrible? What's funny is that you think that the less amount of content on a bluray equates to better video quality, now that is funny!
You are wrong. The total file size for each movie exceeds 50gb. How can you fit that on one disc? Please don't embarass yourself and make more silly comments. They did not "took the transfer from the dvds or that is how each extended movie was cut". Making statements when you don't know the correct answer just makes yourself look silly.

Also no where did I state that smaller movies automatically equal better PQ. It is a fact though that squishing a 75gb movie to fit onto a 50gb disc would result in a lot more compression and most likely less PQ. You should look into it and you would know this.
  #10  
Old 02-27-2012, 04:26 PM
mpbolly's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
You are right.
I fixed your statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
The total file size for each movie exceeds 50gb.
Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
How can you fit that on one disc? Please don't embarass yourself and make more silly comments.
You can, because it's not more than 50gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
They did not "took the transfer from the dvds or that is how each extended movie was cut".
So, i guess you worked on the bluray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Making statements when you don't know the correct answer just makes yourself look silly.
I know everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Also no where did I state that smaller movies automatically equal better PQ. It is a fact though that squishing a 75gb movie to fit onto a 50gb disc would result in a lot more compression and most likely less PQ.
you can't squeeze/squish a 75GB movie into a 50GB disc, once you figure that out, give Bill Gates a call, he needs work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
You should look into it and you would know this.
I know this, and I have spoken
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Editions $37.99 Today Only cardpetree Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 5 07-31-2014 05:14 PM
'The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy - Extended Editions' - HDD Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 997 12-17-2012 02:45 PM
The Lord of the Rings - Extended Motion Trilogy (Blu-ray): $69.99 + shipping WRXin Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 6 11-11-2011 04:25 PM
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Limited Extended Edition Tachaeon Blu-ray Software General Discussion 26 03-09-2011 10:25 AM
'The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 615 03-07-2011 07:00 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off