'Heat' is $6.99 at Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-15-2010, 01:19 PM

Default 'Heat' is $6.99 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017HRJ04
Old 12-15-2010, 03:39 PM

Amazon is killing me for my gluttonous early adopter collecting this holiday season; marking down almost every movie in my collection to prices about half what I paid for them (when I thought I was getting a sweet deal at the time)!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:36 PM

The new catalog threshold price for me is $8. Something I really want, I might spring $10-13. There's maybe 20 movies I'd go above that for... but not many.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comixguru View Post
The new catalog threshold price for me is $8. Something I really want, I might spring $10-13. There's maybe 20 movies I'd go above that for... but not many.
something i really want..i'd pay the $18 like i did for your cover art and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre but yeah...i only like to pay $10 for really any movie that comes to Blu, but obviously catalogs more than new releases are going to hit that mark first.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I bought it at Walmart on BF for $5
Old 12-16-2010, 10:03 AM

I was disappointed with the overall quality of the Blu-ray release of Heat. Warner Brothers could've done a much better transfer. The sound on the Blu-ray is recorded extremely low, that it's barely audible. The viewer practically have increase the volume significantly just to hear it, and the video is soft, and dull. Although, Heat is a good movie, but the Blu-ray quality is subpar, which is the reason why, retailers are selling it at a very low price. Now, I regret selling my DVD, because the Blu-ray is strictly not worth the upgrade!

Last edited by slimdude; 12-16-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLskydiver View Post
Amazon is killing me for my gluttonous early adopter collecting this holiday season; marking down almost every movie in my collection to prices about half what I paid for them (when I thought I was getting a sweet deal at the time)!
Amazon is not killing you, you're killing yourself by being impatient! Early adopters, always pay the premium price when purchasing new electronics, and other related software. You should realize by now, that all prices will eventually decrease through time, which is formally called: Depreciation. Anxious, early adopting consumers pays exorbitantly for their impatience because, all they have to do is wait. Remember: Patience is a virtue!

Last edited by slimdude; 12-16-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Amazon is not killing you, you're killing yourself by being impatient! Early adopters, always pay the premium price when purchasing new electronics, and other related software. You should realize by now, that all prices will eventually decrease through time, which is formally called: Depreciation. Anxious, early adopting consumers pays exorbitantly for their impatience because, all they have to do is wait. Remember: Patience is a virtue!
I agree. No idea why anyone buys br on day one
Old 12-16-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
I agree. No idea why anyone buys br on day one
Because some of us like movies?

I never said I buy everything on day one anyway. Of course, there are some titles I do, but what I mostly meant was I have a hard time letting go. How crazy do you have to be that every time you see that one of your favorite movies has gone on sale for a new "lowest ever" price you feel COMPELLED to go look up your receipt from maybe 22 months ago to see how much more you paid for the privilege of having it all this extra time (and then you cringe when you see you paid $5 more than you would have if you waited till today)?

Whatever. I like collecting the damn things. It probably would be cheaper for me to just rent them, but I'm in too far now.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLskydiver View Post
Because some of us like movies?

I never said I buy everything on day one anyway. Of course, there are some titles I do, but what I mostly meant was I have a hard time letting go. How crazy do you have to be that every time you see that one of your favorite movies has gone on sale for a new "lowest ever" price you feel COMPELLED to go look up your receipt from maybe 22 months ago to see how much more you paid for the privilege of having it all this extra time (and then you cringe when you see you paid $5 more than you would have if you waited till today)?

Whatever. I like collecting the damn things. It probably would be cheaper for me to just rent them, but I'm in too far now.
FLskydiver

I think comixguru has the right idea. Many of us have been impatient in the past to purchase a favorite movie. Then we learn afterward that we could have waited a short while and saved some money.

I've also try to set a ceiling buying price on certain "catalogue" titles while judging a few favorites to go slightly higher. Some of course are "can't wait" titles but I usually read the forums to find the best deals and/ or coupons. With our passion for collecting movies...it helps to set your own price for what you are willing to spend. However, the best deal is always what you are happy in paying, regardless if the price drops, and you truly get pleasure and satisfaction from enjoying the product.