Very good day at Best Buy!! - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:43 PM

Default Very good day at Best Buy!!

I went to Best Buy, which is my store of choice, with my target ad in hand. I walked the Inception version that includes the shooting script and Shrek the entire story 4 disc Blu-ray set (mainly for the wife) up to the checkout. I scoped out who looked most like a seasonal employee and went to her line. I showed here The Shrek set and the Target ad that said the Blu-ray was 42.99, and Inception was 17.99. She looked at the ad and scanned my Premier Card. Then she started to ring the stuff up and then brought the manager over to approve it. The manager did not even look at what I had!!! All she did was enter her approval code. (Oh yeah I also bought The Da Vinci Code for 9.99 for the wife). Well what ended up happening was the cashier rang up the 50+ dollar set of Shrek for the Target regular DVD price of 32.99 (since it was bigger I suppose and failed to read the small print although I told her. Also she rang up Inception (as other have reported for 17.99. (The freaking covers are even different!!) So for Shrek, The better version of Inception with script (normally 34.99) for 17 bucks and The Da Vinci Code for 10 bucks.

Grand total with tax 60.97!!!

Almost half off on Shrek and Inception and less that 50% off Da Vinci! Also that price is pretty easy to find.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:35 AM

nice but some people will get angry that you took advantage of best buy. just watch.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:07 AM

Well i bought almost teh same things at Best Buy Canada, but i took advantage of the amazing Reward Zone Bonus Points. $10 in RZP for any Inception purchase and so i bought 2. Plus i picked up my Shrek The Whole Story as well. I got an earlier email saying that if i bought $75 worth of movies before the 12th i would earn $15 in RZP. Thn in store if i bought over $100 i would get a bonus of $25 in RZP. So i had $10 already in RZP and printed those off. I paid $107 in the end but i will be getting back $60 in RZP which i will easily spend next month on a game or something.

Sadly it made me skip my Future Shop exclusive Steelbook of Inception to get in the end the better deal
Old 12-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

This is only a bargain for YOU. People are reading this thread hoping to find a deal....
Old 12-10-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
This is only a bargain for YOU. People are reading this thread hoping to find a deal....
I agree.

Why is this is in the bargain forum? I clicked on this thread looking for deals.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Former Member

Quote:
bingo. this is an in store find, and the biggest YMMV ever. it helps no one save for those looking to argue with cashiers.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Pretty much.

Edit: Nate said it better.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:48 AM

They probably didnt care to look because you are a Premier Member. No way in hell will I ever spend that much money at BB -- not with Amazon Prime in my life. Bargain fail.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Teeth View Post
nice but some people will get angry that you took advantage of best buy. just watch.
Perhaps the anger is more about his need to brag on the forums that he took advantage of BB. You know, since the tone of such posts is usually "Ha Ha retailer is stupid!." and not "Hey I lucked out." There's no sympathy for a lazy retailer who doesn't verify prices or train staff properly but neither do we need to applaud anyone who willingly deceives said retailer.

Whoops, I guess I'm one of those guys you were talking about.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Former Member

eh, so am i, but i figured this one would be easier to say not a deal than to get on my high horse. as is i need a thirty foot ladder and a rocket pack to reach that fucker.
Closed Thread