'Mega Piranha' is $3.99 at Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-08-2010, 12:35 PM

Default 'Mega Piranha' is $3.99 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003YCL0RI

I watched this last night and it's so awful I had a blast.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:33 PM

I have it also and for $4 it is OK. I am a big fan of B movies and Echo Bridge budget Blu-ray releases but this one isn't among my favorites from the company. It may be too stupid, even for me, and that isn't easy. Video and audio quality was also disappointing for an Echo Bridge release, which isn't a high standard to begin with.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:13 PM

i kinda wanna watch something dumb but fun. does this fit that bill? (i know it probably fits the dumb part...lol)
Old 12-08-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietduckboi View Post
i kinda wanna watch something dumb but fun. does this fit that bill? (i know it probably fits the dumb part...lol)
Yes, the dumbest bunch of nonsense ever with absurd dialog. A Venezuelan Colonel and his men in a helicopter were trying to shoot the piranha in the water with the guns on the helicopter and the American hero said this plan is fubar.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Yep, it's totally ridiculous. Super-bad acting, terrible dialogue, shoddy effects. But I burst out laughing uncontrollably quite a few times. It was worth watching just for that. I mean, it's just so silly seeing a gigantic piranha sticking out the side of an oceanside hotel with its tail still flapping.

Nate might think this is heresy, but I actually enjoyed this more than Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 PM

It's much better than crap like the expendibles and worth worth $20 easy.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:05 AM

lol i cant believe i just ordered this. i hope it's as gloriously stupid as you all claim it to be!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Yep, it's totally ridiculous. Super-bad acting, terrible dialogue, shoddy effects. But I burst out laughing uncontrollably quite a few times. It was worth watching just for that. I mean, it's just so silly seeing a gigantic piranha sticking out the side of an oceanside hotel with its tail still flapping.

Nate might think this is heresy, but I actually enjoyed this more than Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.
not heresy. if the only films you enjoy more than Mega Shark involve other Mega creatures, then the world is in balance and spinning properly.

saw this in stores today for 5 bucks, alongside mega shark. fuck yeah. lol the gift of mega shark and piranha this christmas. i may just give that gift.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
It's much better than crap like the expendibles and worth worth $20 easy.
My exact thought when I watched it, this film is better than "The Expendables". The only appeal either could have is as stupid mind numbing fun but "Mega Piranha" delivers more laughs and the director wasn't quite as inept. It also cost about $80,000,000 less to make. Stallone needs to hand the reins to "The Expendables 2" to this director and special effects team and it will be one of the rare instances where sequel exceeds the original. The same star in "Mega Pirahna", Paul Logan, can star in the new film. Tiffany was doing a lot of running in "Mega Pirahna" action scenes and should be up a role as a female expandable.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
not heresy. if the only films you enjoy more than Mega Shark involve other Mega creatures, then the world is in balance and spinning properly.

saw this in stores today for 5 bucks, alongside mega shark. fuck yeah. lol the gift of mega shark and piranha this christmas. i may just give that gift.
Not a bad stocking stuffer. :-)

I think I liked it more because it seemed to have a lot more action, and they also seemed to be aware that it was an awful movie so they were having fun with it. They have Barry Williams from the Brady Bunch as Secretary of State BOB GRADY, and Paul Logan's character's last name is FITCH. I was waiting for Tiffany to say "I think we're alone now" but it never happened.