Warner Bros Insider Rewards Codes - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-27-2010, 01:26 PM

Default Warner Bros Insider Rewards Codes

I am editing this post to be more informative, so it may serve as this forum's dedicated thread for the Warner Bros Insider Rewards program. This is WB's version of Disney's Movie Rewards program but, of course, DMR is the gold standard and WB's will never be close to as popular or widely embraced. Still, the program provides opportunities to get something for nothing whether it be free WB Blu-rays or digital downloads that you prefer, so it's worth keeping tabs on.

WB Insider Rewards Website
List of Titles Containing WB Insider Rewards Codes
(The program just started in late 2009, so titles containing Rewards represent a very small portion of WB's BD catalog at this time)

Earning Points: Most BD's that contain codes give you 100 points but there are some that give you more (such as the Vampire Diaries Season 1 which gives you 300). The Rewards Code is identical to the digital copy code in all instances I've seen. So if you don't have a rewards code on the slip of paper that came with your WB BD and the title appears in the eligible title list above, try the digital copy code -- it should work. Users report that just like the DMR program, you cannot enter two different codes for the same movie and receive credit (even if one is a DVD copy and the other is a BD).

Other ways to earn points are by ordering tickets for WB movies through Fandango or by ordering anything through WB Shop. The first time you log into the WB Insider site after placing your order, the points are added to your account -- the more you spend, the greater the points. WB Insider members also receive a whopping 25% off everything at WB Shop which is reason enough to join the progam. This discount DOES stack with those $5 coupons they send you in e-mail after you place an order and it also usually stacks with stuff they already have sale-priced.

Freebie Points: A promo first appearing on the Inception Blu-ray tells us that entering code WB23 will give you 200 points for free. This code should be accessible to every member at least once and appears to expire 12/31/11. In your account details, you should also be able to complete a one-time survey that will give you 50 points upon completion.

Points vs. Credits: The more you explore the WB Insider site, the more credits you will be obtain. As far as I can tell, there is no correlation between points and credits. Points get you the good stuff like free Blu-rays while credits can only be used on the site itself to obtain new avatars or wallpapers or things of that nature that probably don't hold much value to adults.

The Rewards: You must be registered and logged in to view the Rewards available. At this time, the catalog is limited to 22 BD's that cost a varying # of points ranging from 1500 points (Casablanca, The Lake House, Christmas Vacation) to 2500 points (Cool Hand Luke, Four Christmases) to 3500 points (Harry Potter UCE's, TMNT Collection, Star Wars: The Clone Wars S1). I anticipate at some point, they will majorly expand their rewards catalog (I hope). When you redeem your points for a title, you are ported over to the WB Shop and lets you purchase that title for free.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY REWARDS CODES THEY DO NOT WANT OR NEED, feel free to post them here for others to use. ALSO: if you use the code, please speak up so you don't waste everyone else's time or get their hopes up.

Last edited by dmarvin; 12-12-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:51 PM

Didn't even know about this. Seems that my Wizard of Oz Emerald edition bluray isn't eligible.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:00 PM

Yeah, I believe the only ones that will include eligible rewards codes are discs that include digital copies (rewards code is identical to the digital copy code). I got a copy of the Blind Side for $10 from Amazon but it was single-disc only and not the combo pack w/digital copy & DVD hence no code. Scoured my entire collection and only found 7 eligible titles. Also, some titles have been re-released and now include a digital copy (A Time to Kill, for example) but some that have digital copy (Speed Racer, etc.) were released before the program started.

When they first started, you only had to redeem 5 codes to get a free BD but that appears to be over.

PS - You get a 25% discount off the WB Shop for being a member of this program AND they give you extra points for placing orders at WB Shop. I just placed an order at WB Shop for TMNT for $20.xx shipped and they gave me 60 points for my purchase the next time I visited the Insider site.

Last edited by dmarvin; 11-27-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:51 PM

Yea, I could only add 3 of my titles, which kinda blows (2 were Watchmen). Once I get in Sherlock Holmes from Target.com, I'll add it.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:21 PM

You can also get points for ordering movie tickets online through fandango, like with disney, for movies like harry potter, inception, etc.. wb titles. I have been doing this reward program since the buy 5 get one free. It pays to have friends in movie rental places, I get a bunch of free codes from them for multiple titles at a time. I used them up to get pretty much every 1,500 point movie and the TMNT box set. I'm a sucker for free shit I guess.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:57 PM

If you have 2 copies of the same movie, do they let you redeem them both?
Old 11-29-2010, 09:30 PM

I had to create a 2nd account to get my 25% discount working, so now my points are spread out. Does anyone know if I can get them to consolidate?
Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
If you have 2 copies of the same movie, do they let you redeem them both?
you would have to open a 2nd account to use the other code. only one code per title, even if its from blu ray and dvd editions.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharlie50 View Post
you would have to open a 2nd account to use the other code. only one code per title, even if its from blu ray and dvd editions.
Thank you! Wasn't quite sure how that worked.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:19 PM

Here is an extra code for Going the Distance:

TLP36FY4R3EM