Rent a new Blu-ray movie at local Blockbuster stores for only 80 cents per day!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned

Default Rent a new Blu-ray movie at local Blockbuster stores for only 80 cents per day!!

For people that want to experience the best in picture and sound quality Blockbuster stores are offering consumers the opportunity to rent a Blu-ray movie for only 80 cents a day (Sign up for Blockbusters Total Access monthly in store subscription for $21.99 + tax and get a new Blu-ray everyday). For around $23.99 after taxes, if one stops in and gets a new Blu-ray movie at Blockbuster everyday then that is the same as only paying 80 cents a day for a Blu-ray rental.

I am a very busy person and I do not have the time to see a new Blu-ray movie everyday and some weeks I am lucky to have time to watch one movie a week. I know a family member who is retired and they rent around 30 Blu-ray movies a month for around $23.99 after taxes (Sometimes they get a new Blu-ray movie every other day instead of everyday, but most the time they get a new Blu-ray every day). So they are only paying around 80 cents to rent a new Blu-ray at Blockbuster. One can even stop in Blockbuster twice a day and bring the cost of a Blu-ray rental down to around 40 cents.

Some people have been canceling their HBO, Showtime, and other premium channels and choosing to pay around 80 cents a day for a Blu-ray which has better picture and sound quality compared to cable and satellite providers.

For those interested in the $21.99 Blockbuster Blu-ray in store total access program click on the following link

http://www.blockbuster.com/stores/st...laccessinstore
Old 10-20-2010, 12:32 AM

i thought i could literally walk in and rent a movie for 80 cents a day. but having to pay $24 a month while driving there every single day and watching a movie every single day to get that price?

talk about a misleading title.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietduckboi View Post
i thought i could literally walk in and rent a movie for 80 cents a day. but having to pay $24 a month while driving there every single day and watching a movie every single day to get that price?

talk about a misleading title.
If you drive to Blockbuster twice a day everyday then the Blu-ray rentals are only around 40 cents each under the $24 a month plan.

For someone that drives to work everyday and if their home is next to a Blockbuster this is a good deal. Of course if someone works at home or is retired then making a special trip to Blockbuster everyday will cost money in gas.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Banned

Another thing I like about Blockbuster in store Blu-ray rentals is that one gets to take the original Blu-ray jacket cover home to see the artwork and read the detailed movie descriptions on the back of the Blu-ray case.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:54 AM

Angry

This is some type of ad for Block-Buster and should be removed.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwwii View Post
This is some type of ad for Block-Buster and should be removed.
Apparently the OP forgot to mention that Blockbuster is essentially DEAD....as may well be your deposit.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petro View Post
Apparently the OP forgot to mention that Blockbuster is essentially DEAD....as may well be your deposit.
I am going to assume paying $24 for a month is safe, I can figure out if the store will close in less than a month and not pay for that month. The other chain's video rental stores that have closed here, and there are quite a few, have all started liquidating inventory while remaining open and that has always taken longer than a month. I don't know whether Blockbuster will survive or not but your concern is rather silly, all that needs to be determined is if the $24 per month is a good plan for any individual and then pay with confidence if it is. I don't want to rent a Blu-ray a day and this plan is not good for me.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris gerhard View Post
I am going to assume paying $24 for a month is safe, I can figure out if the store will close in less than a month and not pay for that month. .............. I don't know whether Blockbuster will survive or not but your concern is rather silly, all that needs to be determined is if the $24 per month is a good plan for any individual and then pay with confidence if it is..........
My concern maybe a minor issue only if you can pay $24 on a month to month basis.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by petro View Post
My concern maybe a minor issue only if you can pay $24 on a month to month basis.
It is my understanding that Blockbuster automatically charges ones credit card around $21.99 + taxes every month until the customer cancels the program.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:36 AM

Not really sure this is a deal if it's based on how many times you can get to Blockbuster in a month, especially since its not a discounted member rate.

Sure you can say, well I go to blockbuster twice a day every single day and it's only costing me .40 per movie! But I can easily say, well I only go twice a month, so now its costing me $12 a movie.

Almost seems like an ad for blockbuster......