Magnolia is FINALLY under $15 on Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Default Magnolia is FINALLY under $15 on Amazon

$14.49 Actually.

Held out as long as I could. (Watch it drop to $10 next week.)

Also noticed "Letters from Iwo Jima" down to $13.99.

No how about "The Green Mile" big A?

Last edited by FLskydiver; 07-04-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:24 PM

Buy it. And if it drops, call Amazon and have them give you credit. I just did that for the new version of Predator. Pre-ordered at $21.99 and the day after I get it, they have it on sale for $13.99. Just had them give me $8.00 store credit Also happened with The Thomas Crown Affair...credit again
Old 07-04-2010, 10:33 PM

I did buy it. And "Letters From". But they've long since disallowed me from getting any more store credit on post-purchase price adjustments, unfortunately.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari Fan View Post
Buy it. And if it drops, call Amazon and have them give you credit. I just did that for the new version of Predator. Pre-ordered at $21.99 and the day after I get it, they have it on sale for $13.99. Just had them give me $8.00 store credit Also happened with The Thomas Crown Affair...credit again
wow i never thought that'd be possible but good looks. i though the same thing when i saw the deal earlier today, so i bought this and the version of Insomnia, because i woke up and re-realized that it comes with $7.50 to see Inception, which makes the Insomnia purchase round off to $10, since i'm seeing Inception at midnight no doubt.

this week, i'm finishing off my full love for PTA by buying and watching the third and final (as of now), PTA film on Blu-ray,

and the week after is all Nolan..from Following to Inception, i can't wait.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Is Magnolia really a good movie to own? you guys think it has repeat value?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLskydiver View Post
I did buy it. And "Letters From". But they've long since disallowed me from getting any more store credit on post-purchase price adjustments, unfortunately.
That's BS on Amazons part. If you have pre-ordered or ordered something and then they lower the price, especially if you have not recieved the item(s), then they should refund you the money. It's not your fault they had or have a sale. Personally for me, when I had ordered Predator at $21.99 and the DAY AFTER IT WAS RELEASED they lower it to $13.99 pisses me off . No more pre orders for me at Amazon.

I would directly ask for a manager and demand a refund. If they won't refund the money, ask them to e-mail you a lable to print out to return the items...then RE-ORDER the exact product that is now on sale and cheaper. Amazon looses money as they will have to pay return shipping, and then also ship the re-ordered items to you. I did that with Kellys Heros / Where Eagles Dare combo Blu ray. True, I waited a bit longer, but it saved me $$$ for future Blu's and I also have about 50 + movies that I still have not even watched yet from buying new or trades.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Rambo View Post
Is Magnolia really a good movie to own? you guys think it has repeat value?
have you seen it yet?

it's a long movie but it doesn't feel long, and it can be looked at as somewhat flawed but it has such greatness to it, from the performances to the direction that make the overall good story so much more, that i think it's a must own and i can't wait to watch it again.

plus, PTA is the man, and i feel that all 5 of his movies are must owns for Blu-ray. there's all so good.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
have you seen it yet?

it's a long movie but it doesn't feel long, and it can be looked at as somewhat flawed but it has such greatness to it, from the performances to the direction that make the overall good story so much more, that i think it's a must own and i can't wait to watch it again.

plus, PTA is the man, and i feel that all 5 of his movies are must owns for Blu-ray. there's all so good.
Hey bud, happy 4th weekend, cooking up a bbq here.. I only seen parts of it.. Yea I love TWBB and boogie nights.. I read your other post from the review thread. You didnt sound to Jazzed about it then. What changed?

the price sounds like a good buy and I do appreciate your tastes... you say its a must own?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Rambo View Post
Hey bud, happy 4th weekend, cooking up a bbq here.. I only seen parts of it.. Yea I love TWBB and boogie nights.. I read your other post from the review thread. You didnt sound to Jazzed about it then. What changed?

the price sounds like a good buy and I do appreciate your tastes... you say its a must own?
thanks for the happy 4ths and good job on getting a nice little cookout going for yourself.

as for the review thread, the movie has indeed grown on me, but in a unique way. when i posted those thoughts, i hadn't rewatched the what i thought at the time was a very overrated TWBB and i also used to think many movies that are on the long side (like Schindler's List or Gone With the Wind) weren't needed in my collection because of their length, but since throwing that out the window as well as buying the Blu-rays of BN and TWBB and absolutely loving both movies and coming to realize what a movie TWBB really is, i decided that i need to see Magnolia a second time to get it in completely. i have always thought it was a great film but i've come to realize that all great movies deserve replay values.