11 Bond's/007 for $99.99 @ Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-04-2010, 03:38 AM

Default 11 Bond's/007 for $99.99 @ Amazon

Gold Box Deal of the Day....

James Bond 11-Movie Ultimate Collection [Blu-ray]
Bond in Blu: All in one set, these 11 films are now available in one ultimate collection: "Die Another Day," "Dr. No," "For Your Eyes Only," "From Russia with Love," "Goldfinger," "License to Kill," "Live and Let Die," "The Man with the Golden Gun," "Moonraker," "The World Is Not Enough," and "Thunderball." Also, when you purchase our Deal of the Day, you can save $10 on "Quantum of Solace" on Blu-ray

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27
Old 06-04-2010, 09:56 AM

Kind of makes me wish I had an extra $100 laying around.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:00 PM

I'm torn on how to replace my Bond DVD box set. I LIKE having the box (boxES technically, containing the 20 films available at that time), and I'd really prefer to have some nice box set of blu-rays. But, of course, James Bond being open-ended as it is, eventually a box set is gonna wind up having some spillover -- like I have now with the Daniel Craig entries. So, on the one hand, I think it would be just as well to go ahead and snag them all up individually... but on the other hand, I REEEEEALLY would like to have a nice box set... or separate box sets which would allow you to have each actor's films grouped together.

The DVD box set I have now has three boxes, each with a different Bond silhouette on it, which let me put Connery and Lazenby together, then all of Moore, then Dalton and Brosnan. Something similar to that for blu-ray would be great by me. Then let Daniel Craig's continue to be sold singly until he completes his run as Bond, then do another box to fit with the others. If they'd hurry up and release a set, or sets, like that, I'd buy that quick.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:08 PM

is this all the bond films?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:22 PM

Nope, there are 22 Bond films I think. This only has 11 of them.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:32 PM

These 11, then there are the 2 new ones (Daniel Craig) that are on Blu Ray, plus the 9 missing that have not been brought to Blu Ray, yet - This makes 22 "Official" Bond films.

I am a Sean Connery/Bond fan, so I would add "Never Say Never Again (1983)" Blu Ray which was not an "Official" Bond film, but is a worthy addition to any Bond Collection.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_(film_series)
Old 06-04-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdZro View Post
I'm torn on how to replace my Bond DVD box set. I LIKE having the box (boxES technically, containing the 20 films available at that time), and I'd really prefer to have some nice box set of blu-rays. But, of course, James Bond being open-ended as it is, eventually a box set is gonna wind up having some spillover -- like I have now with the Daniel Craig entries. So, on the one hand, I think it would be just as well to go ahead and snag them all up individually... but on the other hand, I REEEEEALLY would like to have a nice box set... or separate box sets which would allow you to have each actor's films grouped together.

The DVD box set I have now has three boxes, each with a different Bond silhouette on it, which let me put Connery and Lazenby together, then all of Moore, then Dalton and Brosnan. Something similar to that for blu-ray would be great by me. Then let Daniel Craig's continue to be sold singly until he completes his run as Bond, then do another box to fit with the others. If they'd hurry up and release a set, or sets, like that, I'd buy that quick.
I understand your dilemma. These 11 were previously issued in 2 sets of 3 films, as far as I know the other 5 were released singly - at substantially higher prices than these. I know, I bought them. Problem is no one knows how long it's going to be before any of the remaining films will be released on Blu, given MGM's problems. To anyone who has the money, this is an unbelievable deal. The Blu-rays are astonishly good.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabkey View Post
I understand your dilemma. These 11 were previously issued in 2 sets of 3 films, as far as I know the other 5 were released singly - at substantially higher prices than these. I know, I bought them. Problem is no one knows how long it's going to be before any of the remaining films will be released on Blu, given MGM's problems. To anyone who has the money, this is an unbelievable deal. The Blu-rays are astonishly good.
There were 3 3-film boxsets and 2 released individualy only.

I've got the 3 set and haven't yet picked up the other 2 as I wait against all hope that the rest will see similar boxes at some point.