Saving Private Ryan - $16.49 @ Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-01-2010, 11:09 PM

Default Saving Private Ryan - $16.49 @ Amazon (dead)

For anyone who ordered the defective disc previously and is due a $5 discount, this brings it to a smoking $11.50.

Last edited by vinnie97; 06-04-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:24 AM

How can you tell if you have the non defective version?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 AM

Basically if you bought your copy before may 18th (?) it is defective. Look at the back of your case is the UPC yellow? If it is then it is the new corrected edition.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:27 PM

This is one blue ray I will never own. I know the story is amazing, but it left me so touched I vowed I would never watch it again. It chilled me too much. Yes I knew war was bad, but this realyl showed it in many ways. I see enough negativity and depression in life around me the last thing I want to do when I come home after a long day at work is put in a movie like this.

That being said, this is a SUPER price on a STELLAR movie.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:52 PM

How do you get the 5 dollar savings?. I have the release date bad audio version.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:42 PM

I have the release day version but haven't made it to the "bad part" yet. I only had time on Memorial Day for the first 20 mins after my Band of Brothers marathon. Some people have said they don't detect the flaw at all so I'll see what my setup does. The PQ and AQ is awesome so far.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Formerly weaponX6282

Is it 100% certain that this is the fixed version? I still need to return my previous disk to Amazon and repurchase. I would hate to do it only to get another jacked up copy.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
This is one blue ray I will never own. I know the story is amazing, but it left me so touched I vowed I would never watch it again. It chilled me too much. Yes I knew war was bad, but this realyl showed it in many ways. I see enough negativity and depression in life around me the last thing I want to do when I come home after a long day at work is put in a movie like this.

That being said, this is a SUPER price on a STELLAR movie.
Speaking of depressing, also stay away from The Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwwii View Post
How do you get the 5 dollar savings?. I have the release date bad audio version.
Just put it in your cart and it should show at checkout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post
Is it 100% certain that this is the fixed version? I still need to return my previous disk to Amazon and repurchase. I would hate to do it only to get another jacked up copy.
Faith in Amazon in that they have a handle on these things? As a former purchaser, they just emailed me explaining that I should return the disc and repurchase it from the usual product page (there was at least a week after the defect became known that the disc was unavailable for purchase).
Old 06-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post
The "jacked up" copies were pulled from retailers so they should not exist anymore. As of May 18, you should not be able to get the defective version anywhere except used.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
I used to feel the same way. But I decided that on Memorial Day I would watch it again to honor those who died to give me freedom. It's just as powerful the second time around.