The Untouchables
We Were Soldiers
The Warriors
Varsity Blues
Strange Wilderness

$7.95
Dark Water
The Waterboy
NCFOM (picture shows the special edition)
Apocalypto
Wild Hogs
Goal
Miracle at St. Anna
Gone in 60 Seconds
Pearl Harbor
Crimson Tide

$47.95
Band of Brothers

Life

Alice in Wonderland 3 disc edition

$19.95
Alice in Wonderland 1 Disc edition
The Wolfman
Old 05-31-2010, 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=wormraper;1937689]$6.95
All four individual star trek films
Primal Fear
The Untouchables
We Were Soldiers
The Warriors
Varsity Blues
Strange Wilderness

$7.95
Dark Water
The Waterboy

VERY nice on the NCFOM. I am going over there tonight I just hope they don't have a flyer on the entrance door saying it was a misprint

Last week they had a ton of unadvertised specials. They had all the deals from the ads of the previous week as well as the current ad for last week. Just FYI in case you live near an UE, there are likely a lot more deals than just this weeks ad!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Former Member

jeezus freakin' christ. that's some great shit!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:58 PM

[QUOTE=dfms23;1938628]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
$6.95
All four individual star trek films
Primal Fear
The Untouchables
We Were Soldiers
The Warriors
Varsity Blues
Strange Wilderness

$7.95
Dark Water
The Waterboy

VERY nice on the NCFOM. I am going over there tonight I just hope they don't have a flyer on the entrance door saying it was a misprint

Last week they had a ton of unadvertised specials. They had all the deals from the ads of the previous week as well as the current ad for last week. Just FYI in case you live near an UE, there are likely a lot more deals than just this weeks ad!

It's a misprint. It's only the first edition....

On a side note... Does ANYONE carry the special edition in store???? Target, BB, UE, Walmart etc.. ALL only carry the original edition. I thought the original one was going to be discontinued but I still see it EVERYWHERE and no one has the 2 disc edition
Old 05-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Former Member

Gangs of New York and Fifth Element 1st editions were discontinued, due to issues, but since NCFOM had no technical errors, it wasn't necessary to discontinue. it's just a choice now.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:10 PM

Utter disappointment that this store left the state and the closest is 188 miles...perhaps that's punishment for having a Fry's within 10 miles.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:16 PM

Pictures shows the non-Oprah Winfrey (read: better) version of Life, which would make this the best price for sure.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:01 AM

[QUOTE=wormraper;1938678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfms23 View Post

It's a misprint. It's only the first edition....

On a side note... Does ANYONE carry the special edition in store???? Target, BB, UE, Walmart etc.. ALL only carry the original edition. I thought the original one was going to be discontinued but I still see it EVERYWHERE and no one has the 2 disc edition
I went to UE and tried to get the special edition. It may be a misprint but unless they do something official correcting the ad that isn't going to cut it with me. It is false advertisement. There was no written specificity on which edition it was and then the picture shows a 2 disc digital copy edition. Does UE have some edition of NCFOM that I am not aware of? I am only aware of the plain basic 1 disc edition w/o digital copy or the 2 disc collector's edition WITH digital copy.

I am especially pissed off because I had to go to Best Buyto PM (cuz UE was sold out of the reg NCOM) and Best Buy wouldn't even PM the regular edition of NCFOM because the edition in the UE ad wasn't the same as the regular edition they carry. I was told wouldn't do it because the edition they had in store wasn't a 2 disc and didn't have a digital copy. I have no problem with that because the item pictured in the UE ad and the reg NCOM editon at BB clearly are not the same. UE DID have a copy of the CE but wouldn't sell it to me because the sale was supposedly for the regular edition. The clerk tried to tell me that there IS a regular edition that is 2 disc with digital copy. Am I missing something? I am pretty sure that douche was just blowing smoke.

I am going to go in there tomorrow and look around very carefully to make sure there isn't an official misprint retraction. If there isn't I am going to raise hell until they give me the CE. I mean, they messed up pretty bad on that ad by not specifying and then picturing the CE. It's not my fault they had their head's up their asses in the ad. More than anything I am just mad on general principle because of the clerk at UE spouting some major bullshit
Old 06-01-2010, 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=dfms23;1938819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post

I went to UE and tried to get the special edition. It may be a misprint but unless they do something official correcting the ad that isn't going to cut it with me. It is false advertisement. There was no written specificity on which edition it was and then the picture shows a 2 disc digital copy edition. Does UE have some edition of NCFOM that I am not aware of? I am only aware of the plain basic 1 disc edition w/o digital copy or the 2 disc collector's edition WITH digital copy.

I am especially pissed off because I had to go to Best Buyto PM (cuz UE was sold out of the reg NCOM) and Best Buy wouldn't even PM the regular edition of NCFOM because the edition in the UE ad wasn't the same as the regular edition they carry. I was told wouldn't do it because the edition they had in store wasn't a 2 disc and didn't have a digital copy. I have no problem with that because the item pictured in the UE ad and the reg NCOM editon at BB clearly are not the same. UE DID have a copy of the CE but wouldn't sell it to me because the sale was supposedly for the regular edition. The clerk tried to tell me that there IS a regular edition that is 2 disc with digital copy. Am I missing something? I am pretty sure that douche was just blowing smoke.

I am going to go in there tomorrow and look around very carefully to make sure there isn't an official misprint retraction. If there isn't I am going to raise hell until they give me the CE. I mean, they messed up pretty bad on that ad by not specifying and then picturing the CE. It's not my fault they had their head's up their asses in the ad. More than anything I am just mad on general principle because of the clerk at UE spouting some major bullshit

I am not resorting to quoting myself! I was near another UE today for lunch so I went over to witness this magical NCFOM single disc edition with digital copy and the CE cover art. Of course no such edition exists but I wanted to say that I had physically gone to the 2nd store and verified that no such edition exists prior to returning to the 1st location to chew their asses out. The associate I spoke with at the second store actually told me that they had several copies of NCFOM CE and they all sold out yesterday because of the misprint item featured in the ad. They honored their misprint (at the 2nd store) as they should. He said he would have sold me the CE after hearing what I went through at the 1st location even though they had put up an ad correction that day, but again mentioned them being OOS.

So I went back to the original store I was at yesterday and went to the MOD and went through the entire sequence of events in my previous post (above) and the set of events that transpired earlier this afternoon at the 2nd store. I mentioned twice about his employee telling me about the magical 1 disc NCFOM digital copy edition with CE artwork. I was very blunt and forward about my dissatisifcation with the whole mess but I also stayed calm and didn't raise my voice or anything like that. The manager then mentioned it being a misprint and that another agency does their ads and blah blah. I stood there quietly through that - cuz I don't care - you should honor your price in your ad unless you announce the misprint officially somewhere (like on the exterior doors usually) and add the correction.

Final point is FINALLY AFTER ALL THAT they finally ended up giving me the CE for $8.xx after tax As they should. If they make a mistake in the consumers favor cuz they have their head's up their asses the consumer certainly should not suffer

Last edited by dfms23; 06-01-2010 at 05:15 PM.