Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection 44.99 at Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-25-2010, 07:49 PM

Default Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection 44.99 at Amazon

Not sure if I've seen it this low at Amazon. Not sure how long it will last either, or why they decided to lower the price.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:15 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Gene.../dp/B002I9Z8GW
Old 05-27-2010, 08:11 AM

One good movie for 45 bucks. As a Star trek TNG fan I say no thanks..
Old 05-27-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwwii View Post
One good movie for 45 bucks. As a Star trek TNG fan I say no thanks..
Agreed, sorry it needs to go lower for me.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:19 PM

I think when it first came out it was near this price or lower. I bought it to complete my collection. However I do like Generations...
Old 06-01-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrusso45 View Post
Agreed, sorry it needs to go lower for me.
While I agree, Nemesis you couldn't pay me to own.

I LIKED First Contact a lot for some reason. Generations was decent. Insurrection ok. I would buy these seperate at bargain basement prices, like $5. I will never buy or own Nemesis. That movie is a blasphemy to the Star Trek legacy.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
While I agree, Nemesis you couldn't pay me to own.

I LIKED First Contact a lot for some reason. Generations was decent. Insurrection ok. I would buy these seperate at bargain basement prices, like $5. I will never buy or own Nemesis. That movie is a blasphemy to the Star Trek legacy.
what exactly about nemesis is blasphemy to the star trek legacy?
I mean those are strong words so perhaps you could back them up.

Yeah the movie isnt perfect but its not absolutely horrible either.
I actually liked the movie, both the theatrical cut and the much longer first cut that paramount screened for the very first test screeings months before the movie was released.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkr2 View Post
I think when it first came out it was near this price or lower. I bought it to complete my collection. However I do like Generations...
With prices fluctuating again on older bare-bones collections it must be time to announce extended/director's series. I also see that the first 6 movies (the Kirk collection) is $64.99, making them about the same price per movie as well.

Overall Generations was a good movie, I think the destruction of the Enterprise was extremely lame. A modern starship (compared to the Klingon ship) and they fire only 1 shot at the Klingons, their only hope was to cloak the ship so it loses its shields. Uh-huh - With their Borg experience they should know how to overcome a shield penetration quickly, and ignoring that fact, 1 weak shot from phasers? Why not a nonstop blast or a volley of torpedoes, hell, the attacker is a small bird of prey, not a cruiser or something big, wouldn't take much to destroy it?