'Gattaca' is $9.99 at Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Landy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,874
Default 'Gattaca' is $9.99 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000HEVZ6W
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Gray Wolf's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 298
Default

tempting very tempting

I saw the movie a long time ago and remember it being quite good but I have so many other expenses and things I'm buying right now I'm not sure I can cave even at $10
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-2010, 03:45 PM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default

i blind bought it a few days ago because i only read very positive things about it online, and of the transfer. i hope i love it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-14-2010, 04:07 PM
vinnie97's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,897
Default

^Several notches above "Sunshine" in the sci-fi department, to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
i blind bought it a few days ago because i only read very positive things about it online, and of the transfer. i hope i love it.
WOW Boston, I did the SAME thing. I was reviewing this on this website and then went to Amazon and saw the $9.99 price and bought it with a couple other br discs LOL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-14-2010, 04:45 PM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
WOW Boston, I did the SAME thing. I was reviewing this on this website and then went to Amazon and saw the $9.99 price and bought it with a couple other br discs LOL
the two Bostons of the site doing a blind buy of the same movie. now that's funny.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4
Default

This was the very first blu-ray movie I purchased. I think I got it for around $14-16 when it first came out. Anyway, great... great movie. I don't want to over sale it, but this is one of my favorite sci-fi films of all time.

The HD video quality is really very impressive. The special features are all in SD, but no big deal there. Anyway, I would strongly recommend this film to any sci-fi fans. The plot, though "futuristic", is actually more real today than most would want to believe.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-14-2010, 06:35 PM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotopic View Post
This was the very first blu-ray movie I purchased. I think I got it for around $14-16 when it first came out. Anyway, great... great movie. I don't want to over sale it, but this is one of my favorite sci-fi films of all time.

The HD video quality is really very impressive. The special features are all in SD, but no big deal there. Anyway, I would strongly recommend this film to any sci-fi fans. The plot, though "futuristic", is actually more real today than most would want to believe.
i hope i like it as much as you do, but i'll be fine as long as i think it's as great, great as Sunshine is, which is a near excellent film.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-14-2010, 08:03 PM
vinnie97's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,897
Default

The believability factor on this film is magnitudes of order greater than Sunshine, IMO. Suspension of disbelief is far easier. I never became a DVD collector aside from a few films on which I can count on one hand, Gattaca being one of them.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Colonel Walter E. Kurtz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 31
Default

Good movie. I'll bite and add that to my cart along with the Thing. Now all I need is $6 more dollars and I get free shipping.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gattaca $9.49 on Amazon! cheez avenger Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 1 03-19-2010 03:38 PM
Gattaca EddieVanHalen Blu-ray Software General Discussion 13 04-21-2008 11:42 PM
'Gattaca' -- pre-release buzz PeterB Blu-ray Software General Discussion 66 02-18-2008 03:15 PM
'Gattaca' - pre-release buzz jed Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 12-31-2007 10:55 AM
Sony Delays 'Gattaca,' 'Professionals' jed Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 10-18-2006 07:54 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off