Hastings: Avatar FOR FREE with 3 Trade ins - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-19-2010, 12:10 PM

Talking Hastings: Avatar FOR FREE with 3 Trade ins

Got an email from Hastings today stating that you could get 'Avatar' for free after trading in 3 qualifying titles at a Hastings store.

This is the page with all the titles that can be traded. HUGE list so you'll probably find something to trade:

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/se...me=UsedCredits

I think this is a great, great deal if you have a bunch of Blu-rays sitting around and you'd like to get 'Avatar' for trading them in.

Looks like, from this list, you can also trade in select DVDs. Great deal!

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 04-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Naw, Avatar is cheap enough already haha.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
Naw, Avatar is cheap enough already haha.
Unless you have a ton of DVDs sitting around you never watch.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:58 PM

I didn't even know Hastings was still around. I used to live in Utah and the one in my town(Roy) went out of business. My bro and I were hired temp to help them clean and pack up their remaining stock and then we never even got a pay check. Bastards! lol

Back on topic. Seems like a pretty good deal if you wana unload some DVD's. No Hastings in NC that I know of though.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoJoe View Post
I didn't even know Hastings was still around. I used to live in Utah and the one in my town(Roy) went out of business. My bro and I were hired temp to help them clean and pack up their remaining stock and then we never even got a pay check. Bastards! lol

Back on topic. Seems like a pretty good deal if you wana unload some DVD's. No Hastings in NC that I know of though.
I think like most music/book/video store chains, many Hastings stores have closed. I live in Little Rock and we don't have any music stores left here but there is a Hastings store about 25 miles west in Conway and another about the same distance east in Jacksonville. Both are too far to drive just to go to the stores but if I am in the area anyway, I sometimes stop in and look around. I like the stores pretty well.

Chris
Old 04-20-2010, 12:46 AM

I was at my local (70 miles away) Hasting's and I dismissed the in-store ads for this. Thanks for the info, but this is a horrible deal. Most of the dvd's they are looking for entire TV seasons or box sets! They will even take LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY off your hands (and count it as ONE trade)!
What a bargain!
I used my second Universal/Facebook $5 off coupon against
"An American Werewolf in London" which was $15.99, now only $10.99! Now that was a deal!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:56 AM

You mean I can trade in my Band of Brothers, LotR Trilogy and Battlestar Galactica complete series and get Avatar for FREE!? That almost seems too good to be true!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonian View Post
You mean I can trade in my Band of Brothers, LotR Trilogy and Battlestar Galactica complete series and get Avatar for FREE!? That almost seems too good to be true!
Well... if people are trading in three box sets for Avatar then they deserve to get screwed.

As for me, there's three titles on the list that I picked up from the Hollywood Video deal (6.xx each) that I didn't end up enjoying enough to want to hold on to.

So this deal looks like a bargain to me although it may not be to others. Thanks Aaron (OP) for the info.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonian View Post
Yes, because those are the ONLY ones on the list...